Search results

1. blazend

A Picture A Day......

What fish is this?
  2. blazend

Equipment for sale

Is mcentire gone? I have messaged him for the skimmer.
  3. blazend

Nba finals

great finals! Lebron definitely deserved a win but curry and the squad just a bunch of snipers.
  4. blazend

New Sand Question

It literally says basic marine small grain white sand on the package haha. Its been in my discus tank for 6 months no issues. It is going into a fish only setup for my tank so not worrying about a reef setting.
  5. blazend

Ccritters.com

So i had positive results from ordering cause the seahorses were A quality and the tangs looked good as well. The issue i did have was i ordered a clown wrasse and zoanthoids from them. I never received the clown wrasse and the zoas were circled in red on my invoice slip. This is where my...
  6. blazend

Equipment for sale

I am interested in the magus curve 5.
  7. blazend

New Sand Question

I had removed my sand out of a tank awhile back and would like to add sand again. I am thinking i would use dry or not alive sand. LFS sells basic marine sand that i have been using on discus freshwater. I am planning on adding that sand to my 42 gallon. It has 2 fish in it and live rock. Can i...
  8. blazend

HELP! Yellow tang pale!

How did you acclimate the fish? It may be stress? was she in the bag long? I would give her about 3-5 days might start looking normal after she gets used to her new home.
  9. blazend

lights and sharks?

Do the puffer, gamma and orange clown. You can throw the cleaner shrimp in as well. Thats all that the 40 should hold.
  10. blazend

Please suggest a new fish or two for my established reef tank.

Angels are a tough one cause some are not good in a coral setting. Honestly with the size of your tank i would be going with a yellow eyed kole tang, coris wrasse, christmas wrasse, melanarus wrasse or a cool rabbitfish. Orange spotted or foxface.
  11. blazend

My other tank (s)

Beautiful discus fish!
  12. blazend

Harlequin Tusk Reef Compatable

My LFS has an Indo Pacific in one of there larger tanks. It has softies in it with live rock. He seems to leave the corals alone in that tank but it is only softies. They mentioned them eating any invert they can get there hands on.
  13. blazend

Buying Livestock Online

I am a big Bluezoo guy. bluezooaquatics.com Alot will suggest LA. http://www.liveaquaria.com/ Also Pet Solutions http://www.petsolutions.com/
  14. blazend

LED Balance

From my experience i like to run white - 40-50% and blues 50-60%. My lights are not hanging and directly above the water line so i never go above 70%. Here is my thought on corals. Hammer and leather corals dont mind either or. But my Gonperia (flower pot and torch coral) like the white light...
  15. blazend

ID please

Wow flaming prawn looks amazing! Reminds me of the Yasha Goby.
  16. blazend

Nemo tank

You are getting very close to the point to add a fish. Maybe start with a clown (nemo) and get that natural ammonia rolling you will want to add each fish 1 at a time and give them some time to settle. Maybe wait another month and add the next one. I would think it would be ok to add nemo and...
  17. blazend

Circulation q

If you only have 1 powerhead in the tank i would suggest another. I like the suggestion by Dave saying if you have a sump or canister filter that will handle some gas exchange. I still suggest adding a powerhead to your system. I also use the 1150s. But in my 90 gallon i have 2 1150s on each...
  18. blazend

Mother nature's tank

Love these! What is the fish that you see thats teal in color I think it shows up in both clips around the 6 second mark??
  19. blazend

Anyone ordered from Blue Zoo Aquatics lately?

Ordered 3 fish on Thursday i paid for saturday shipping. My divided wrasse was DOA. Within 48 hrs i had received a refund or credit to there site. The other 2 fish were great quality.
  20. blazend

Nemo tank

I have seen the Movie and i understand what you are shooting for but it is very unrealistic in a 40 gallon. I would only put the clown fish, royal gamma, and cleaner shrimp in a 40. The Idol and tangs need a 100+ gallon tank. and the star fish all need mature tanks that have been up and running...