Search results

1. F

HELP! Should I be worried?

Thank you. I hope so too. The other fish looks like he's doing just fine and the coral frags look good too. I hope he's going to be ok I'm just watching and hoping he gets back to swimming around again.
  2. F

HELP! Should I be worried?

I got home today and my black clown fish is only swimming at the very bottom of the tank right over the sand bed. I find it odd cause its always swimming all over the tank. Should I be worried?
  3. F

HELP! Starting a nano reef in my 8 gallon cube

Great, thank you! I was thinking to just take all of them out but figured let me ask before I mess it all up lol. I will definitely toss the mystery bag too.
  4. F

Hi there! I have a question for you. I'm getting a bag of chemipure elite today and will be doing a water change also today. Now my question is: I still have bioballs in there and a bag of something lol I cant remember what it is. Could be carbon, could be anything really lol. So should I...
  5. F

I need help to get this 75 gallon tank setup.

Great! Thank you for that! I will look into them for sure :) I will be needing quite a few things so hopefully I can find good deals there. Thanks for the warning on the bickering, I don't want to deal with that so Ill keep my nooby questions on here where everyone has been so nice and...
  6. F

Thank you for the information. Yea I think for now Im going to go with a FOWLR and then little by little gather all the additional components Ill need to have a reef. I have been looking online to construct my own sump out of a tank been searching CL for a tank and I hear Petco or one of the...
  7. F

Thank you :) I hope to build it into a nice setup. Will probably have to start with a FOWLR setup and start accumulating all the equipment to have a reef eventually.
  8. F

Yea I thought the power filter would be trash since I has never seen a SW tank setup with one. Can I setup a FOWLR tank first with less equipment and start getting the other items little by little?
  9. F

I just got this tank and I need help getting it setup. The tank looks basically like this one. basically just a stand, tank and canopy. the tank is not drilled or predrilled (not sure of the proper terminology). they said they had it setup as salt and then made it fresh. it came with...
  10. F

Hi there!

Welcome! I am just as new as you, just got on here last week and it has been great! Everyone is so friendly and has so much great advice and experiences to share. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your setup. I'm just getting a 8 Gallon cube going while I search my local ads for...
  11. F

Thank you :). I am using the API kit that you assumed. I have seen quite a few digital tests online while searching that seem pretty cool since you aren't trying to match up colors lol they are just on the pricier end so yea I agree it isn't the most exciting purchase lol. The ammonia looks...
  12. F

Ok so I just tested the water and the instructions say to read the test tube against the white area of the color chart; I feel silly asking but does the tube need to be held against/touching flat on the white area or just in front of the card but not touching? I'm having a hard time reading the...
  13. F

:roflmao:Thank you for that! I knew that the levels should be 0 for all of these but I didn't know in what order they happened :duh: lol. Yay! cant wait to get home to test it and see where it is in the process now that I understand :dance:
  14. F

Yea I have the 5 gallon containers so I'd do 2.5 gallons per water change so I don't have to go every week to buy water. I think I may want to mix my own water to save myself trips to the LFS but I'm scared to mess up somehow lol. Is it something simple and hard to mess up?
  15. F

Hmm so in this case that this tank is a redo when or how would I know the cycle is complete? :duh: lol Do the 8 hermit crabs that are in there with the caulerpa count? lol
  16. F

Oh that sounds like fun. Hmm I wonder where I can find a grass flat in the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area. Sounds like a breeze to find on the west coast area but around here may be hard, maybe on the intercoastal..? I wonder if I can google it LOL.
  17. F

ohh I love your little tank!:fishbowl: It looks like its on your night stand, must be really relaxing to lay there and just watch it. :) Too bad my nano wont fit on mine but maybe later on I can get one like this one and put it on my night stand. Its true that tanks are an addiction I already...
  18. F

I really appreciate all the advice and who better than the members of this forum that have so much experience :) Yes I live in South Florida, that would be kinda cool to go collect some grass shrimp. Forgive my lack of knowledge lol but how? Oh my those little guys are so cool!! Thank you for...