Search results

1. Kman237

Kman's 85 Gallon

I have picked up the wood for making the floating canopy... I was getting ready to start the build when a friend of mine tagged me in a post of someone selling a Giesemann 48 inch Dimmable Bluetooth Matrixx II T5 fixture. It's the 8x54W fixture. This fixture was 3 months old and he wanted $500...
  2. Kman237

Kman's 85 Gallon

I've been researching on it. I may want to have the ability to dim. This wasn't my plan with the tank but I think I'm going to switch it up. In the Past talking to friends and just chatting with others in this hobby I've heard ATI makes a great fixture. Only con I see is they only offer a...
  3. Kman237

Kman's 85 Gallon

I'm considering making this 85 gallon a SPS dominate tank... The reason I'm thinking about this is the parameters can be focused on SPS only and not a mix reef. The other reason (Main Reason) is Iv'e been planning and drawing out a canopy for this tank to build the Hybrid LED/T5 lighting. I'm...
  4. Kman237

Kman's 85 Gallon

I'm so anxious to see this Orange Passion Acro grow... Grow baby grow!!!!! :jumprope::scuba::whistle:
  5. Kman237

HELP! Algae Blenny

I agree with PCDS get him some algae sheets. I ran into this problem when I was beginner in the hobby. My Blenny ended up starving to death without me realizing what was happening :stars:. Some will take to meaty food or pellets and some just will not. Mine wouldn't take frozen food or any type...
  6. Kman237

Coral ID?

Agreed. Yes, they grow like crazy and will spread decently fast. Wear some gloves! Good luck!
  7. Kman237

HELP! 55 gal starter small filter thing what is it?

Please give us some detail or a picture of what you're talking about.
  8. Kman237

Mandarin Dragonet?

First let me start off saying I'm no expert... You should be fine with the aiptasia and that fish. I would highly recommend getting rid of it. There are so many methods out there do some research on it and wage war on those things. It will be worth it in the end. Good luck! :cheers:
  9. Kman237

Hello - Newbie here!

Welcome to RS great community here!
  10. Kman237

Kman's 85 Gallon

Well sad news I lost the red Starfish. I have tried one of these in past (In my RedSea Tank) and same thing happen. Not sure if they ship bad or I'm not acclimating them correctly. I'll stick with keeping my serpent star. I also started to loose the yellow/gold mili colony I bought during the...
  11. Kman237

Sully's RSM Reefer 350

That's awesome Sully. Sounds like fun!!! I remember when my Dad and I got certified mostly using the pool in the back yard. Good memories. I am feeling that same pressure on a nice camera for pictures. Mine just don't do the coral and tank justice. I am looking forward to seeing the FTS with...
  12. Kman237

Kman's 85 Gallon

Just a Quick update. Dosing pumps are working great. I like them so far. Drip nice and slow no back siphon and they are very quiet. Levels are Steady. This morning was Alk - 10.00 Calc 425 PH 8.01 I normally like to stay around 450 calc but I'm slowly adjusting the Calc dosing pump. Gotta find...
  13. Kman237

Kman's 85 Gallon

Got the Pumps installed and Running. Stable Tank :) Still a little messy.
  14. Kman237

Sully's RSM Reefer 350

HAHAHAHA thanks for the laugh MtSully. I needed that! :roflmao::lol:
  15. Kman237

Sully's RSM Reefer 350

Agreed! Lets see a FTS :)
  16. Kman237

Kman's 85 Gallon

:bounce::bounce:Got my BRS 2 part dosing pumps today need to get these setup ASAP. Got tired of hand dosing and I have vacation coming up something has to dose my tank while I'm away :)
  17. Kman237

Just got the Max E260 Setup and going

NICE!!!!!!!! :cheers: following!!!
  18. Kman237

Kman's 85 Gallon

Here is the Starfish I picked up. I feel it represents my home state Texas very well :)
  19. Kman237

Kman's 85 Gallon

I call this the Pacman Scoly lol!!!
  20. Kman237

Kman's 85 Gallon

mtsully71 That's odd I didn't do anything different. Thank you StirCrayzy :)