Search results

1. Edward Leitner

Back after 25 years.

Ok it's been a while since I updated this. Here are some of the latest additions to the 90.
  2. Edward Leitner

Back after 25 years.

First coral. A nice and easy plate.
  3. Edward Leitner

Back after 25 years.

Here are pics of the stand finished Next task is cleaning up wires LOL
  4. Edward Leitner

Apex CD reef food

I am looking at feeding solutions for vacations that last over a week (up to 10 days). I think I like the APEX since I already have the controller. I noticed it comes with a sample of their own food.Has anyone used the APEX cross over diet reef food that comes with their auto feeder. If so what...
  5. Edward Leitner

Back after 25 years.

I understand exactly what you mean. I had much experience with mud long ago. One thing I learned was to run it after all filtration so that detritus and such never makes to the mud bed. That's the way mine is set up, it takes water from the return chamber (filtered) and then sends it to the fuge...
  6. Edward Leitner

HELP! Reef Oct 110 Int problems

OK...it is running like a champ now. I guess the old vinegar degreaser works after all.
  7. Edward Leitner

Back after 25 years.

Thanks for the input. What issues do you think I will have with the mud?
  8. Edward Leitner

If it aint broken call an engineer and he will argue with you about it.

If it aint broken call an engineer and he will argue with you about it.
  9. Edward Leitner

Back after 25 years.

The start of the stand got the tank in and here is the rock lay out sump lights and the water is in
  10. Edward Leitner

Back after 25 years.

Ok I have been out of reefing for a quarter of a century. We have a special needs son that loves looking at fish tanks and my wife talked me into getting back into it. Much has changed in equipment as well as methodologies. I am gonna mix a bit from the new thought and what I knew worked "back...
  11. Edward Leitner

OK. I gave it a good vinegar bath with a tiny bit of natural degreaser (citrus). Rinsed it and ran it for 30 minutes in sink with fresh ro/di. Hooked it back up and so far so good. It no longer looks like a pond fountain. It still needs a bit of break in and tweaking but at least it is...
  12. Edward Leitner

Nope. I used RO/DI water for start up.
  13. Edward Leitner

giving it a vinegar and de-grease bath now. Will see what happens.
  14. Edward Leitner

I have it all the way CCW and it still over flows. That is how I new something isn't right. It does not make sense.
  15. Edward Leitner

I plan on it. Wife is taking pics as I go but i don't have time to start it right now still working on that skimmer issue.
  16. Edward Leitner

no problems. thanks for the reply though
  17. Edward Leitner

Pablomay thanks for the response. Thats the problem I am having. Even when I open it all the way up and remove the cup it is "ejecting" large amounts of wet very wet foam from the neck where the collection cup sits. If I put the cup on it fills up in seconds. How deep in the water does your...
  18. Edward Leitner

if I close the valve more water runs to the cup.
  19. Edward Leitner

Hello There

Yeppers. Taking pics as I go. To busy to post it up now LOL.
  20. Edward Leitner

Hello guys and gals. I have been out of reefing for about 25 years and decided to get back into it. I have a new 90 gal that I will be doing a mixed reef with. I got a 40 L for my sump. In the sump I put a brand new Reef Oct 110 Int. I put it (per manufactures recommendations) at 7.5 inches...