Search results

1. B

Bat21's RSM 250

New inhabitants! A royal gramma and a yellow banded possum wrasse. Doubled my fish population from 2 to 4. Both enjoying their new surroundings. The wrasse just keeps to himself cruising around the rocks. Very cool to watch. He just sorta flutters around very smoothly. The gramma seems to like...
  2. B

Bat21's RSM 250

Exactly right. 3 20lb bags.
  3. B

DianaKay's RSM 250

Beautiful tank first of all. Secondly, who is this Steve? My biggest gripe with the stock 250 lighting is how there is no middle setting. It's either moon light, or blinding sun. And my fish always freak out a bit whenever I turn the lights on or off since it's such a drastic difference. I'll...
  4. B

Bat21's RSM 250

I didn't see nitrite until after three weeks. Then once I saw it, it took at least a week to get back down to zero. I would give it more time if I were you. Mine took about 5 weeks to cycle.
  5. B

Bat21's RSM 250

The backstory: I decided to add the fake coral pieces for some color in the tank. Plus I thought my clowns would want something to call home, and I was right about that. Currently I have an orange and misbar darwin occelaris pair as you can see to the left in their coral home. A pair of skunk...
  6. B

Bat21's RSM 250

Hello everyone. I won't be starting from the beginning here, but I'm only a few months in. I decided on a RSM 250 instead of the 130 because my LFS was selling the old model (with the rounded glass) for $1100. So even though I had planned on the 130, I could not resist getting a tank double the...
  7. B

Removing rsm 250 sponges

Yep. I knew I'd feel stupid when I heard the answer. Thanks
  8. B

Removing rsm 250 sponges

Maybe this is a stupid question, but how do I physically remove the left filter sponge above the pump? There doesn't seem to be a large enough hole to pull it through the filter floss area into the media chamber. I feel like I'm missing something. But I can't find the answer anywhere. What...