Search results

1. S

White milky growth

Anyone have any idea what this growth is? It looks like hair algae but it is lighter in color almost translucent. It is only growing on the back side of the rockscape, where the lights cannot reach. Thanks! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. S

Choice of Sand for RSM 130D

I have Fiji Pink in mine and it is generally ok but does move around at times. I rarely have an issue with my MP10....it is usually the main pump that stirs thinks up as it is a more concentrated stream. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. S

Who has converted their RSM (130 or 250) to full LED?

I recently did a retrofit on my 130D. I ended up using a RapidLED kit, but used my own color combination that was listed on StevesLED, similar to the 14k JMB setup. I also added a BlueFish Mini controller, which I have to say is the best part of the system....I love that I can program it from...
  4. S

Mark's RSM 130D Adventure

Wow...have never heard of these. Will check them out! Thanks for the link. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. S

White object on LR

Thanks for the ideas everyone. The object is no longer there. It either fell or was eaten. I will keep an eye out for it. Appreciate your help. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. S

White object on LR

Nah....it looks like a solid white mass. Will keep my eye on it. Thx for your reply Snelly Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. S

White object on LR

I recently added some new frags and a RBTA to my tank. Near the nem I noticed a white spot resembling some sort of egg. Today it appears to have a slime coat over it. Any ideas? - Mark Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. S

So, it's been a little while since I posted. My skunk shrimp never showed back up. I did lose a couple snails for no good reason, and the hermits didn't seem to be the cause. Also, I still have this "phantom" ammonia reading....it is almost zero, but not quite. Even after water changes it is...
  9. S

RSM 130 Suggestions?

dirtrider I also recently got a used 130D and I immediately upgraded the skimmer to a Tunze 9001 with a media rack. Overall it works well, but I find the mount to be a bit flimsy. I would suggest an auto top off as well to keep the water level consistent. I am also looking to do some sort of...
  10. S

Thanks for the ID on my hitchhiker. This Stomatella is all over the place. A fast little critter! I had my first loss...my Scarlet Skunk Shrimp went missing, and I randomly see some parts on the sand. Not sure how he died, but my wife suspects that the Peppermint Shrimp did it. He seems to...
  11. S

So my hair algae problem is under control. I took NickF's advice and yanked off the long piece and the CUC took care of the rest. I picked up a couple coral frags over the weekend, but they were more of an impulse buy. I got some little yellow zoas and a GSP. I should have researched the...
  12. S

Thanks Nick. I really like my emerald crab but he is pretty shy. He hides somewhere in the rocks most of the day. I just tested the water and the ammonia is just about back to zero. nitrites at zero and the nitrates are around 5ppm. So glad I invested in an rodi unit from the get go. I...
  13. S

Thanks for the feedback Oxy and Diana. I tested last night and the Ammonia level seemed to improve just slightly. I held off on a water change for now but will test it each day to keep an eye on it. Last night, I installed the Red Sea Pump upgrade, which went smoothly, however the pump is a...
  14. S

Here are the pics:
  15. S

Hello everyone. Just popping in to provide an update. I did my first water change two days ago and went out to That Fish Place yesterday and picked up a clean up crew. I hope I didn't overdo it, but I got: 5 blue leg hermits 5 red leg hermits 3 med nassarius 5 small nassarius 5 ceriths 3...
  16. S

RSM 130D Pump Upgrade ?

I received a response that they are sending out the correct pump. They requested that I send the first one back Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. S

RSM 130D Pump Upgrade ?

I just received a 130D pump upgrade from them today and I got the same thing. The description says that it is an RSM250 circ pump #2. I think they botched the order up for both of us. I emailed them this evening about it. Am sure they will resolve it.
  18. S

Just a quick update and followup question. I ended up putting a couple raw shrimp in the tank almost a week ago. My ammonia did go up, and I also saw some Nitrite a few days later, however I wouldn't necessarily say they "spiked". I saw as high as 1-1.5PPM of Ammonia and about .5PPM of...
  19. S

Not sure how I lost so much water but thinking it was from the fine mist shooting all day increased the evaporation rate? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk