Search results

1. sirstan51

Stan's REEFER 250

That would be great. Maybe Stan's RSM to REEFER 250 Love this forum. Thank you! Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  2. sirstan51

Stan's REEFER 250

Well........ I did it. While I still have an RSM, it's now in my garage. Do I need to join a different forum? Or are reefer allowed. This was a pretty big deal... P.s. RSM for sale in NC San Diego. I will keep this thread open if reefers are allowed. [emoji2] Sent from my SM-G955U using...
  3. sirstan51

Stan's REEFER 250

Finally: After years and years of buying water, I finally purchased an RODI system to make my own. Went with Aquatic Life twist in system. Good price and a lot better fit for our apartment than BE A. Anyone use this? I'm going to buy Red Sea Coral Pro salt mix as I've never been let down by RS...
  4. sirstan51

Stan's REEFER 250

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
  5. sirstan51

Stan's REEFER 250

No knew hardware since the Apex/DOS addition. Might add some apex pumps or gyre to add more random flow. Added Australian Elegance about 3 weeks ago and its doing great. Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
  6. sirstan51

Stan's REEFER 250

Hey bud, I re-mounted my lights today using 9" framing plates and l mounts at the ends attached by small screws (3/8) and bolts. Lots of velcro holding brackets in place and attaching light to brackets. Hope this helps. I didnt want to screw into the hood. Sent from my SM-G935P using...
  7. sirstan51

Stan's REEFER 250

What happens at MACNA stay in your tank. Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
  8. sirstan51

Stan's REEFER 250

Better vid with the moe color. Sent from my SM-T817P using Tapatalk
  9. sirstan51

Stan's REEFER 250

Pics & A Video So i couldnt wait for the daylights to kick on before snapping some shots of new additions. Should be the last adds before MACNA. Added: 6 head purple torch Neon Green Octospawn 2 Staghorns Some daisies and GSP More CUC 3 peppermints to help with aptaisia Also found what i...
  10. sirstan51

Stan's REEFER 250

Yes I did. (In hindsight I should taken pics). I actually used heavy duty velcro strips (2 each) that are abt 1.5 inches wide and 3 inches long on the top of the lights on either side of the fan (perpendicular). Totally secure and plastic plate provides a safety barrier that is def needed. Also...
  11. sirstan51

Stan's REEFER 250

Thank you. You need the 26s so you can spread them apart for coverage. If you aren't using your canopy and are hanging lights, you could work with a 52. Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
  12. sirstan51

Stan's REEFER 250

Update time! I finally purchased my 2nd Hydra 26 HD. Why did I wait so long?? Love these lights. Though there was a chance Id still need an Ai prime in the middle, but it doesnt look like it. Also upgraded from mp10 to mp40esw. With my 2 ehiem return pumps there seems to be plenty of flow...
  13. sirstan51

New RSM 250

Congrats on your new/used RSM 250! Please share your thread with me when you start! You probably already bought sand (i have Pink Samoa, its fine, but i like it. Diamond Goby keeps it pristine!). I run Seachem Matrix in my InTank basket. That is all. Not sure on accessory kit. Mine was used...
  14. sirstan51

RSM250 LED Replacement

I recently bought the AI Hydra 26 HDs. I bought 1 set initially to test. I will need at least one more set, or 2 56s. I love these lights, thou the previous owner of the tank had removed t5 setup for radions (which i think are too pricey). Pros: Cool, compact (fit with no problem at all)...
  15. sirstan51

I want to change the Skimmer in my RSM C250

Yes. The osmolator has an optical sensor as primary and float valve as an overfill backup. The filter actually has a designated are for the optical sensor to connect to. This helps ensure a stable and optimal water lever for skimming. Height of skimmer adjusted to minimize wet skim. Still...
  16. sirstan51

Stan's REEFER 250

After years of smaller tanks with hand me down or inexpensive equipment, i decided it was time to "level up" as me and my hobby buddies call it. The tendency is to want to rush, but to do it right, and responsibly financially, im going to take my time. I got a smoking deal on the tank, LR...
  17. sirstan51

I want to change the Skimmer in my RSM C250

Im running both the 9004 and the 3162 filter. Both fit perfectly in the chamber and i have the osmolator eye attached in the designed housing compartment on the filter. Love it so far. I most likely will remove my inTank rack and use that compartment for a mini max reactor eventually.
  18. sirstan51

My Dream Tank (RSM 250)

Here is a ft shot. Cycling tank now. Ammonia is done and nitrites dropping below .5 Running set of new hydra 26 hds. Wanted to test and really love them. Will need to add either 1 more 26 or 1 52. Not sure yet. Tunze 9004 and 3162 (prob not necessary) fit perfect in original skimmer...
  19. sirstan51

My Dream Tank (RSM 250)

Stoked to start a thread for my new (to me) RSM 250! I will upload pics tomorrow. Currently cycling for 5 days with original sand (pink Samoa) and LR. Just purchased 1 of 2 planned AI Hydra 26 HD units. T5 were removed by prev owner for radions, but i love the features of these new hydras...