Search results

1. J

Pump recommendations

Hello All--hoping I can get a good recommendation. I recently moved from a situation where my water was being topped-off from the basement below up about 5' into the tank. AT my new place, there is no basement, and the RODI unit is T'd off of my washing machine, which is about 15 feet away from...
  2. J

HELP!

I have been battling brown algae for months now....NOTHING I do gets rid of it. I am wiping down my glass twice a day....I wake up and it needs cleaning and especially at the end of the day when the lights were running, MAJOR algae EVERYWHERE. And this is relatively recent. These are the details...
  3. J

Help with Chaeto

My tank is 14 years old....I have always had high Nitrate and Phosphate issues, and have tried everything. I am now back to a refugium, and to that end am using my center compartment in the sump, lighted by a Kessil H160 Tuna Flora. I bought a baseball size (2 of them) bunch of Chaeto and now, a...
  4. J

Help With Dying Fish!

Over the past 2 weeks, I have lost most of my fish. Gem Tang, Purple Tang, 2 Yellow Tangs, Sohal Tang, Tomato Clown, Wrasse, Powder Blue Tang and a Hippo Tang. When this first started happening, I thought it was Ice, but the fish didn't look like they had been infected with that. Their skin was...
  5. J

Help with Nitrates

Over the past 2 weeks, I have lost most of my fish. Gem Tang, Purple Tang, 2 Yellow Tangs, Sohal Tang, Tomato Clown, Wrasse, Powder Blue Tang and a Hippo Tang. When this first started happening, I thought it was Ice, but the fish didn't look like they had been infected with that. Their skin was...
  6. J

Ca Reactor AND 2-part Dosing

Does anyone use both simultaneously, or is it either one method or the other?
  7. J

Is my Maxima Doomed?

Thank you for all of your input. GREATLY appreciated.
  8. J

Is my Maxima Doomed?

His foot still isn’t attached and he hasn’t opened fully even 2 weeks in. He is on a flat rock.
  9. J

Is my Maxima Doomed?

How’s this?
  10. J

Is my Maxima Doomed?

11. J

Is my Maxima Doomed?

So based on the photo, is there hope? Or should I give up?
  12. J

Is my Maxima Doomed?

Not from LFS
  13. J

Is my Maxima Doomed?

14. J

Is my Maxima Doomed?

Thank you for your reply So not doomed yet?
  15. J

Is my Maxima Doomed?

So it's now been 14 days. Not only has his foot not attached, he is still only showing a little of the mantle. He still does react if something gets close. He is always open a bit and then closes tight if I pick him up. But then opens a bit again. My parameters are: Ca: 450 Alk: 7 Mg: 1300...
  16. J

Help with New Sump

I am replacing my Synergy Reef sump with a Bashsea. The Synergy sump has 2 inlets (bulkheads) to accommodate each of the overflow hoses. I just got my Bashsea, and they only have one inlet. Apparently, the "second generation eliminated 2 inlets." So the advice I got from Bashsea (excellent...
  17. J

HELP! Nitrates/Phosphates/biopellets/GFO/NOPOX/Neonitro

ALL of my livestock looks great. My Nitrates are off the charts high (over .64)
  18. J

HELP! Nitrates/Phosphates/biopellets/GFO/NOPOX/Neonitro

Dear All: I have a 180G mixed reef tank, and have had NO3/PO4 issues for years. I am running Carbon, and 2 months ago, started using BRS Biopellets. I am also dosing NOPOX. When I started with the biopellets, I stopped running GFO (in my BRS dual reactor--the other chamber is where the carbon...
  19. J

ID Please?

Just discovered about 30 of these next to eachother in a remote part of the tank near some rock. Any ideas as to what they are and should I remove them?
  20. J

HELP! CA Reactor Advice

Dear Group: I have read almost every post regarding CA Reactors, and was hoping you could be of help with mine, which is a Aquamaxx C-tech T-2, which is being fed by an APT peristaltic pump. First of all, for the life of me, I cannot get the air bubbles at the top to go away. The MAIN reason...