Bobbit Worm.

2. Dracko

Seahorse birth.

3. Dracko

In mourning

S:( SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.
  4. Dracko

Am I the only newbie?

NOPE...we are all newbies....depending on the subject. Never stop learning.
  5. Dracko

Moving water

If that does no work one of the medium pond pumps should do it.
  6. Dracko

Dracko's 55g Reef

No, I did not use it for calibration. It came pre-calibrated. I used it to see if it was reading in the range it should be for distilled water, and it did. Will hang that unit vertically and see what happens.
  7. Dracko

Dracko's 55g Reef

What I did was check it in distilled water. Research showed it should read between 0 and 7. It read 4.
  8. Dracko

Dracko's 55g Reef

OK. What I mean is that they said I should NOT let the water go to the softener first. [major re-routing for me] I am using city water...but it is not good. So I figured that the softener would remove some, and make my filters last longer. They are about 5 mo old, but they have only run enough...
  9. Dracko

Dracko's 55g Reef

:helpme:My PPM meter still read my RO/DI as being in the 50s so today I took my water to be tested for whatever might be there. I was told the water has nothing in any way toxic. I was also told that with a RO/DI system I would never attain 0ppm unless I filter water before it is softened. He...
  10. Dracko

Dracko's 55g Reef

Well, yes and no. My water system is fine now, and the algae is dying off. But slowly. There is now a lot more Coraline algae started, but even though I have done a lot of water changes, the progress is still going slow. I don't know if it is because of the tank size or what. Thinking about...
  11. Dracko

HELP! Plastic Lighting Covers - Replace

If you are just talking flat stock, the short answer is yes, it is the same type of plastic sheeting. It can be cut, and with a little care and imagination, formed. If there are lips or dimples in the edging a heat lamp can soften the material enough to form around a molding to size. But if...
  12. Dracko

Can I...?

76-82 is best. The fish might acclimate, but the shrimp and corals wont like it cooler than that.
  13. Dracko

Can I...?

I did for a long time. First you have to insure that you will change filters regularly. Second, I highly recommend adding a protein skimmer. Does not need to be an expensive one for a tank this size. I recommend a Lees medium. Cheap, yet efficient. Regular water changes and very good water...
  14. Dracko

DEEP SEA HERO!!!

Green turtle fishook removal
  15. Dracko

DEEP SEA HERO!!!

People saving animals comp.
  16. Dracko

DEEP SEA HERO!!!

People saving shark.
  17. Dracko

DEEP SEA HERO!!!

http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/139487/Saving-a-puffer-fish/
  18. Dracko

DEEP SEA HERO!!!

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1567693188001/divers-save-sea-turtle-caught-in-fishing-net/?#sp=show-clips
  19. Dracko

Gorilla Glue

I use Gorilla glue a lot, but not for underwater things. Even the newer versions break down in water. There are much better alternatives.