Search results

1. S

Maxijet 1200 for mixing SW and water changes?

Used a maxijet 1200 before, see they are $30 dollars and amazon has similar pumps with better ratings. Water changes will be 3.5' from bucket to tank. Anyone use a UNICEl or aquaneat? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. S

40B and Marsaqua vs SB Reefs vs Philizion 20"?

Looking for a light for a 40B, started as FOWLR but figure may be ready for a few frags of LSP/polyps. Had a RB value on a precious tank I got rid of, 46Bow and lit nice Anyone have experience with this light or any above? Thinking could benefit from the 20" vs 16". Sent from my iPhone...
  3. S

New 40B setup thoughts?

Almost went cichlids but after having SW forever hard to go to FW! All in place, ordering salt and sand today. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. S

Getting used AGA stand? 29G

Was going to do 40B but I don't need heavily stocked and I started with a 29 in the SW world. Lol So I may just get this 29 for $40 tomorrow, resell the tank and buy a new 29 at the next petco sale. What's a good light for 29 for polyps? Prob do a simple nemo/shrimp tank for kiddos. Sent...
  5. S

Getting Used 29g tank/stand, going simple salt, tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. S

Getting Used 29g tank/stand, going simple salt, tips?

Was going to do 40B but I don't need heavily stocked and I started with a 29 in the SW world. 40B stand on back order too. Lol So I may just get this 29 for $40 tomorrow, resell the tank and buy a new 29 at the next petco sale. Stand looks solid, said no water damage. What's a good light for 29...
  7. S

New 40B setup thoughts?

Don't shoot me! Lol So I may just get this 29 for $40 tomorrow, resell the tank and buy a new 29 at the next petco sale. What's a good light for 29 for polyps? Prob do a simple nemo/shrimp tank for kiddos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. S

New 40B setup thoughts?

Anyone order from saltwateraquarium? They have AC110 for $52 vs $79. That the most recent model...
  9. S

New 40B setup thoughts?

Thanks! I've always had tanks but she's really into it and easier than a hamster or another dog [emoji23]. Crunching #s, may end up doing fresh for a bit then convert and move into living room when older. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. S

New 40B setup thoughts?

So I got the green light from the fiancée, she mentioned she wish we could set one up now and have out of the way so I suggested the entry way nook and she said that works [emoji1307][emoji1303] figure best for now as the littles dint gave access to that area. prob a clown, crab and goby tank...
  11. S

Cleaning 54 white storage container?

Also vinegar seems to work well!
  12. S

This was when I used the lfs sea water then sealed it bacl up wet and sat in the garage.
  13. S

Peroxide dip or spot treating live rock tips?

Just found my subscribed topic, it was like green fuzz. Hard to scrape/pull off too
  14. S

54 corner build

54 corner 2-koralia 850s (or 750) 200 watt eheim heater Sca 301 skimmer Aqueon Proflex 1 Sump Jebao dc6000 return. Messed with the rock in my new 54 corner, h202 dipped my old rock that's been in a Tote w powerhead. 120W REEF BREEDERS DIMMABLE LED DIY CANOPY Gsp frag Palyp frag 2 clowns...
  15. S

Freshening up water containers

I did vinegar then fresh water rinse
  16. S

Cleaning proflex filter socks?

Looking to find the best/safest way to clean my aqueon Proflex sump filter socks. I have 2 pairs and maybe looking to get a 3rd. Any way to detach the plastic ring? Last time I soaked in vinegar and washed on hot the air dried.
  17. S

Tapatalk is screwing me with pic
  18. S

Any tips for a peroxide dip or spray? Slight hair patches when rock was in old neglected tank, want to put it in my new tank. Been in a tote with powerhead for a awhile but with newborn hard to get out there n change tote water plus prob has years of crap in it. No corals just coraline, may...
  19. S

Got some algae in my 5g rectangular container that my last sells. I soaked with diluted vinegar with no dice.