Search results

1. L

Jay's RSM 130C

After researching it seems to have been bubble algae. I removed it in a separate container and washed the coral in tank water and hopefully that will help. I ALSO noticed that at the base of the plug there is the first sign of what I believe to be cyano. Its kind of a red stringy moss like...
  2. L

Jay's RSM 130C

Wrong link sorry -
  3. L

Jay's RSM 130C

Any idea what this is growing on my candy cane? Is it algae? Should I try to remove it?
  4. L

Help! What is this green stuff on my lps

Came home to find my candy cane coral that's been doing great to find these green bubbles all over the side of it. Is it algae or something worse? This is the first I've come across this:
  5. L

Jay's RSM 130C

My fla ric seems to have taken a turn for the worse. It's maybe 50% as large as it was 2 days ago. Duncan, zoa and candy cane look great. I've tried a few different spots and now it's in the place it was doing the best but just getting smaller and smaller. :( I hope it gets better!
  6. L

Jay's RSM 130C

So perhaps I should remove the purigen or matrix and add the cpe?
  7. L

Jay's RSM 130C

I have a question - I currently use 1 mechanical, 1 chemical (purigen) and 1 bio (matrix) for filtration. I also have chemipure elite - should I use this too or wait for the purigen to exhaust? Do I even need the matrix now that my tank has cycled?
  8. L

Jay's RSM 130C

Thanks! I just ordered some online. I've been trying to find a good spot in the tank for my candy cane and it seems to like where it's at now as it certainly puffs up but it still looks like a deflated balloon rather than the trumpet look I've seen on others. Does this look healthy? It seems...
  9. L

Roo's Rad Reef - RSM C-130 Build

Im very interested to read about your fan mod - they are probably my biggest complaint for the 130. Otherwise I love it!
  10. L

Jay's RSM 130C

Okay thanks for the suggestion! So far my candy cane and duncan are really puffing up which I believe is a good thing. I've been using Reef Chili to spot feed them but Ive seen many people speak of Mysis shrimp? Are these bought at the LFS or a grocery store?
  11. L

Jay's RSM 130C

Yeah its only on the white parts. If I disturb it , it closes up into little nubs.
  12. L

Jay's RSM 130C

Can anyone tell me if this aiptasia?
  13. L

Jay's RSM 130C

Here's pics - so far I have added my first clown pair, about 25 different snails/hermits (all blue leg), 2 peppermint shrimp, 2 emerald crabs (small male and female), and 5 coral frags - a mushroom (that I ordered online as a test and it looks like crap), an orange zoa, a candy cane lps and a...
  14. L

Jay's RSM 130C

Thanks Melvis! I'm working on an update now that my tank is about a month old. So far so good~! I was wondering though if this is Aiptasia forming or just some random thing. I read that Aiptasia will suck into holes when you disturb it but these definitely closed in on themselves when I...
  15. L

Jay's RSM 130C

Sally Lightfoot only made it 24 hours. I came home and she was upside down between two rocks and missing legs. I wonder if something pulled them off... could a hermit do that?
  16. L

Jay's RSM 130C

So is it bad when the first thing every snail does is try to climb out of the tank? lol
  17. L

Jay's RSM 130C

So did a 40% WC and bought a small CUC of 10 blue leg hermits, 5 turbo snails, 10 nes snails, 5 cerinth and 1 sally light foot. Acclimating with drip. This is my first tank ever so it's all pretty exciting.
  18. L

Jay's RSM 130C

This has been slowly changing to a bright green and looking more alive every day. It came attached to a small live rock I bought at the lfs.
  19. L

Jay's RSM 130C

It's also of note that there is certainly some life growing. There are small clams growing out of my base rock and small copepod creatures running/swimming around. I accidentally stirred up my substrate earlier today and send half a dozen flying around the tank.
  20. L

Jay's RSM 130C

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d11/jaylhargis/Mobile%20Uploads/20140928_201358_zpszh1avtrv.jpg Did I post that picture right? Anywho, Hello! I've recently started a RSM 130C and began my cycle about 10 days ago. Im using 20 lbs base pumani rock, 6 lbs live rock and 35 lbs live sand...