Search results

1. Z

can someone ID this ?

Hi, As a follow up to my earlier ID question, now identified as flatworms, I took a closer look at my eagle eye zoanthid. It is fairly sizable now, and about 15-20% developed what looked to me like little white blisters on it - it otherwise opens up fine and none of it has died, and it really...
  2. Z

can someone ID this ?

Hi Had a power outage for bout 4 hours and during that time literally thousands of these guys coated the glass on the tank. After power came back on, it took several days for them to disappear. Anyone know what they are? Was thinking some type of copepod but I couldn't find any pictures on the...
  3. Z

Zigman's RSM C250

Finally, a whole tank shot just give an overview. I think it looks pretty cool for just 3 months in.
  4. Z

Zigman's RSM C250

Finally, a coral that was labeled a tooth coral, but am pretty sure is actually a candy cane
  5. Z

Zigman's RSM C250

Next up, a green yuma ricordea
  6. Z

Zigman's RSM C250

Sorry its been a while but was busy and figured it was a good idea to lets things settle down for a while before adding anything else to the tank. Couldn't wait any longer, though, so here are some pics of three new additions to my tank. First off, a green torch to light things up a bit!
  7. Z

Zigman's RSM C250

What air pumps are you talking about? I looked at whole house automatic generators when we built our house but prohibitively expensive, we evacuate for hurricanes, and didn't have an expensive tank of perishable fish and coral when I was planning the house. Not sure if I could retrofit an auto...
  8. Z

Claire's Secondhand RSM 250

Another suggestion I was given to lower nitrates was to change out or add Purigen and Chem Pure Elite (CPE) to the media rack instead of or in addition to the activated carbon. Worked well for me, but water changes should work too.
  9. Z

Zigman's RSM C250

Ok another day another near disaster. Apparently we had a brief power outage ( common in Florida with storms) but this one popped the circuit breaker to the room with the tank! Since everything else went back on, didn't notice for about 10 hrs. Temp in tank dropped to 72 degrees, everything...
  10. Z

Zigman's RSM C250

Ok, thanks to some smart questions asked by Redsea Kev on the direct support thread, I think I have identified some newbie errors I have been making. First, it appears when reading the Mg level on the Redsea Pro test kit, you stop when the blue color appears for about 10 seconds, EVEN if it...
  11. Z

Neil's Red Sea Max C-250 Journey

Hi Neil, sorry to hear about your troubles when your tank was looking so great. I am no expert, having started my tank just 2 months ago, but thought I might share a few thoughts. I too decided I needed to raise my alkalinity to Redsea reccd 12.1 and added reef supplement b at daily max amount...
  12. Z

DianaKay's RSM 250

Beautiful tank!
  13. Z

Lexinverts' Red Sea Max 250

Your tank looks amazing! You must sit and just stare at it for hours.
  14. Z

Zigman's RSM C250

You are not kidding. The Duncan just goes crazy when it is feeding time, then wraps around the food while enjoying it before opening again waiting for more. The baby polyps have easily doubled in size since I first got it.
  15. Z

Zigman's RSM C250

And here is a full tank shot, only thing hiding is cleaner shrimp and fire red shrimp who are happily hiding after being fed tonite
  16. Z

Zigman's RSM C250

Here is a pic of the green finger leather shedding
  17. Z

Zigman's RSM C250

Now, since my last update, my green finger leather looked unhappy for the last 4-5 days, then today, appeared to shed and is bursting with polyps again! Despite all corals and fish looking good, I am puzzled by test readings. I tested everything today prior to planned water change. Temp 78 pH...
  18. Z

Zigman's RSM C250

Sorry for the delay, but life is busy! Here is the offending and last emerald crab in a cup!
  19. Z

Zigman's RSM C250

Well, when I saw him picking at the finger leather, I reached in and grabbed him. He actually had such a tight hold of the coral it actually pulled the whole thing off the live rock despite the reef glue! I then pried him off the leather and dropped him in a cup, where he waits to go back to the...