Search results

1. R

RSM C130 with LED ? Any experiences?

I also updated my C-130 with Steve's most recent version of the completely built drop-in. I love it.
  2. R

RSM C130 now running with a radion xr15w and tunze 9004 skimmer

Hey SQ. Looks beautiful. I have a couple questions about the 9004. 1. Do you find it a hassle to have to lift the whole hood in order to check the skimmer cup? It appears you can't access it through the back cover anymore. 2. Were the magnets strong enough to hold the skimmer through the...
  3. R

Turbelle® nanostream® 6040 and Moonlight/nightmode photoelectric cell (7097.05)

Is the 7097.05 moonlight/night mode sensor available yet? I see virtually zero info on this product anywhere. Thanks!
  4. R

Turbelle® nanostream® 6040 and Moonlight/nightmode photoelectric cell (7097.05)

Hello all. Wondering if there is a Tunze rep on the forum. I have the new Tunze 6040 controllable powerhead....it's the funky looking vertical mounted motor design. The instruction manual says it only works with the 7097.05 night mode/moonlight sensor. There is little to no info on this...
  5. R

Ann's RSM 130D

This has been great to follow. You are all the sweetest people ever. What needs to happen is SO simple yet SO impossible to put into words! If poor Sushi still needs help this evening I'll be happy to post a video of the hinge in action. You got this Sushi!!
  6. R

Roo's Rad Reef - RSM C-130 Build

Hello gang. Thanks to all for providing input on my various questions. I figured I would show off my gross green algae and look for some input. Tank 3 months old. It took about a month to cycle. I change out about 10-12% weekly. Started running RO/DI three weeks ago. At which point I did...
  7. R

Manager's Special Identification

Good morning all. These two little guys came as part of a frag pack. Please lend a hand in identifying. Many thanks! Roop
  8. R

A decent amount of research leads to inconclusive evidence on the following question: Does the Tunze DOC Comline 9004 fit in the back of a Red Sea Max C130? Sincerely, Roop
  9. R

Thanks Excel. Well...the deed is done. Got a package in the mail yesterday.....4 stage 75 GPD RO/DI. Spent the evening making water...(slowly, being on the 10th floor I only have about 40PSI) and doing a monster water change. Was always worried about my water quality even though the basic...
  10. R

Thanks Joey. I'm sure the green film type algae would be worse without my hermits and snails. Not to mention the hermits can't scale the tank walls and feed on that algae. I read somewhere (ill try to find it again) that phosphates are tough to gage in the tank because the algae USES the...
  11. R

Max C-130 Skimmer Help

Jeff: I also had issues early on and Kev's advice rings true. After dumping 3-4 full collection cups of over-skim the unit should settle in. I'm sure the valve is useful in certain cases but in my experience it just complicates things. Ditch the valve. Roop
  12. R

Setting Tank water level in 130C

When you say the "brace on the right hand side" I assume you are talking about the 1 inch horizontal piece of glass on the right? (the tank itself will always be the same level based on the height of the overflow.) In other words, you can't control the water level in the main tank, the overflow...
  13. R

Hi all. Some of you may have seen my post in the hitchhiker ID forum about my crazy group of thin striped hermits. They are growing like CRAZY and can only imagine they will be a nightmare as they get bigger. The biggest is beginning to get restless, I believe because he can only eat so much...
  14. R

This Hitch-hiking Hermit

Thanks Ox. Did some research on those.....not good. I guess they essentially grow so large that they can't survive on scavenging alone.....and fish, snails, etc. suddenly appear on the menu. This is sad.
  15. R

This Hitch-hiking Hermit

THANKS.....our friend is very good at posing for the camera. :)
  16. R

This Hitch-hiking Hermit

I got a batch of ceriths and such from reef cleaners. Got lots more than ordered which was super generous of them. THANKS. I didn't plan on having any hermits in my set-up but received 4-5. They were super small and I decided to keep them. The guy pictured below has grown at an INSANE rate...
  17. R

Hello fellow reefers. There has been lots of stuff going on in Roo's Rad Reef Tank. About 20 days ago I ordered 10 dwarf ceriths, and 3 nerites to take care of the mega diatom bloom that had started. This was after about 20 days of beginning to establish my tank. Reefcleaners.com sent me...
  18. R

Wow. Diatoms grow fast! 5 days ago I had a speck. Today the whole tank is covered. I have some snails coming today to take advantage of the feast. My first live animals to be added. Very excited. Roop
  19. R

Polishing water in RSM C-130

Engineering wise your point makes sense. (a more coarse filter after a fine filter is silly) But practically speaking, I don't think most people use a floss sheet all the time.....just when clarity needs attention (like after aquascaping or fiddling with the substrate). So it's just a...
  20. R

Polishing water in RSM C-130

Correct me if I'm wrong veterans, but I believe most people (like me) utilize the blue/white floss sheet in the return pump column....cut acurately to size and placed on top of the GIANT FOAM BLOCK. Don't know about the media rack question. But I assume yer asking because you believe, like...