Search results

1. Seed

Seed's Reefer 350

Added a breakout box over the weekend and installed a mechanical and electronic float switch on a new corner acrylic plate. I needed a spot to install a backup switch or two to the solenoid ATO. It's nice not having to deal with filling an external water supply. You can also hook up another...
  2. Seed

Add a Small Glass or Acrylic Wedge to Sump?

The RTV stuff worked pretty well. Let it cure for 3 days before adding the two switches:
  3. Seed

Whippetguy's RSR 450

Great looking tank. I agree on the M1 pump. Best pump I've ever not heard.
  4. Seed

Hey Cracker, It will be only if the primary ATO solenoid fails and the mechanical float then fails. Either way I read a lot about this RTV stuff and it seems to be a very common silicon adhesive for aquarium builds.
  5. Seed

I decided to try using some RTV 108 and some 1/4 acrylic shaped in a 4" triangle. I became impatient and bought it yesterday and so far it seems to be very solid. This RTV stuff is almost like a glue. The wedge went right in and stuck. I probably didn't need to put the support piece under it...
  6. Seed

Hello, I have a Reefer 350 with glass sump. I want to add a small piece to the corner of the sump that has a hole to mount a vertical switch. Anyone have some suggestions on how to do this? Can I just go to tap plastics and get a piece of acrylic and silicon it in? Thanks for the advice! Seed
  7. Seed

Seed's Reefer 350

Installed the top off solenoid and backup float. Also had time to setup the dosing pumps and do some cleanup of the wiring. Easily the most fun I've had setting up a tank. It only took 2 months. Time to celebrate with a 22lb brisket. GO PACK GO!
  8. Seed

Seed's Reefer 350

Hi adw. I followed a thread on the neptune forums. Not sure if linking to another forum is acceptable but here is the link.
  9. Seed

Seed's Reefer 350

I guess this is sort of a blog for this tank. So I've been spending a lot of time getting all the parts together. I also had to install some moonlights. The Kessils lack this so stole an idea from another forum on using an aluminum bar with 3 Neptune LEDs and their LSM module. The APEX is an...
  10. Seed

Seed's Reefer 350

Slowly starting to get all the parts together. Here is a night shot. No moonlights yet. Will look into installing that in a few days. For now I just need to work on wire management.
  11. Seed

Seed's Reefer 350

Well after about a year with the C250 I decided to change it up and get the reefer. Overall I think it's just a better setup and of course has the sump. The differences between the units are night and day. A lot of the stuff I already had but here is the build Reefer 350 Black Vortech MP40QD x...
  12. Seed

HELP! Red Sea Reefer 350 - Part Question

Thanks Adrienne. Kind of odd packing pieces but everything works so I guess that's what they are.
  13. Seed

No they're not trim pieces. They are thin stone pieces, long like a ruler and feel like slate.
  14. Seed

Another question. Anyone know what the grey long ruler like pieces are for? They seem like shims or something but I can't tell where they might go. They're almost slate like long narrow pieces.
  15. Seed

Thank you for the replies. Yes I did contact them and they directed me to the correct form to use to submit an issue. I've had good experience with them in the past as well. Will see just sucks that when you have parts all over the place and you're ready to build that you have to pause...
  16. Seed

Hello, Just setting up my Red Sea Reefer and was wondering what this white wood box thing is: Also for others out there. Be careful and inspect your boxes. I bought mine a couple months ago from a retailer and didn't inspect the box. I noticed when I unpackaged it there was extra taped up...
  17. Seed

Sully's RSM Reefer 350

Hey Sully, Any idea what that white wooded rectangular contraption is used for that came with the stand?
  18. Seed

Cleaning a Tank for Sale

Bump. Anyone?
  19. Seed

Cleaning a Tank for Sale

Hello, I am breaking down my RSM 250 to make room for a reefer and wanted to know how best to clean the tank. Does it make sense to add vinegar to the water and just let it circle through the system for a few days to break down all the corraline? I have all the rock and sand out but still have...
  20. Seed

Need Help From Red Sea Reefer 350 Owners

Thanks Kev! I'm gonna have to measure as well. I only have a 5.5 bed but I think i can fit the cabinet boxes in the back cab. We'll see.