Search results

1. L

Help - New RSM c-130 runs way too hot!

Yeah, it may be different, but that's a lot of heat to be putting in via pumps. I've added a lifereef sump and had some heat issues but that was running a Mag 9.5 for the skimmer and a mag 7 return on . Even then it didn't get higher than 82-83.
  2. L

Strange - The max I ever hit was 81.
  3. L

My house sits at 73 with the Ac and slightly lower with the heat, and I've had nothing like that heat buildup, and it would come down at night. It is a 130d though.
  4. L

Don't want to state the obvious, but there are only a couple of things I can think of - your heater is sticking on - assuming you put one on, or there is a problem with your fans or something is blockig airflow.
  5. L

LifeReef Fuge/Sump Questions

Make sure you have some way of disposing of a vast ocean of packing peanuts.
  6. L

LifeReef Fuge/Sump Questions

Well I have it in a 130d, so I can't answer all your questions. 2 water flow is adequate, not spectacular. You have an overflow box which works on siphon pressure. You dial in the flow of the pump with a check valve to make sure the box apcan handle the flow. It's worked pretty well, but can...
  7. L

DianaKay's RSM 250

I think you just put me off posting a tank shot .... I'd best have a bit of a cleanup.
  8. L

DianaKay's RSM 250

I think you've convinced me of the need to upgrade the 130 to a 250.
  9. L

Hoodless Red Sea Max 130D?

Hi Diana I have the lifereef sump and fuge too. I think I have a mini version of your system. I contemplated going with Steve's but I loved the geekiness factor of the radion and the apps and I also have a couple of MP10s pushing things around so being able to control them from my phone...
  10. L

I have the tank mount on the back of the display tank. Had to remove the cover for the wire channel and play with the mount to get good contact with glass rather than plastic. The back back of the tank is plastic and doesn't make for a good hold. If you have the skimmer in there, either stock...
  11. L

Just did mine. Put a radion xr15 on it using the tank mount. I added the InTank cover, which needed cutting a little to accommodate the light fixing. I then got a BRS DIY screen tank cover for it. I would make sure you have a plan for mounting the led as I had a few moments there where I...