Search results

1. F

Fox Face

How small is small? I have a 135L tank, 29G and would luv an urchin but the ones I have seen are big, too big for my tank and would knock over corals
  2. F

Refugium - must have, nice to have or luxury?

They do have ToTM on this forum and taking moms for Nov
  3. F

Not sure if they have ToTM on this forum but some do. Basically members send in photos of their tank, others vote and the most votes won. It is a combination who has the best camera and can use it along with a stunning tank. They all look great but I always think they are very similar. The...
  4. F

Looking forward to seeing DT. When I see tanks of the month they are great looking but often very similar. Your fug would stand a chance of winning just on design and if it was a main tank with corals and fish to match it I am sure it would win. Thanks for sharing
  5. F

Wow for very different reasons. Must really help MT with that amount of growth. Do you need to turn it over every so often or does it take care if itself. What does MT look like?
  6. F

@daophia, wow that is a show refugium if ever I saw one. Could easily be a show tank! What does your main tank look like? Looking forward to seeing pics and thread!
  7. F

A successful RSM 250 Refugium in the media rack

I also have a tank with sump at back and considering a refugium. Threads I have seen show the chaeto tumbling and also people stating that if it does not then it will die off. It would appear that yours does not tumble and has thrived? I will definitely consider and seen an innovative marine...
  8. F

Need help with moon lights on red sea tank

Sounds promising, where did you get them from? My fire shrimp spends most of his time in hiding, hoping this will change when I add fish.
  9. F

Need help with moon lights on red sea tank

Hi roger, did you buy peppermint shrimp in the end? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  10. F

Paul's New tank: Fluval Sea Reef M90, 135L -

Fire shrimp is doing well and looking great, hides out in a cave most of time but when he comes out it's worth a look. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  11. F

Paul's New tank: Fluval Sea Reef M90, 135L -

Day 39 - changes to tank Since last update I have purchased first corals 7 days ago and both are doing great whilst the tank is maturing nicely with stable water although Nitrates are between 15 and 20, is this too high? I have completed my first water change after 28 days but do not plan...
  12. F

Paul's Nano tank set up - Quarantine tank

Thanks for help I have a piece of floss in my main tank that has been there for 4 weeks and could place that in QT and use new and existing water too. Someone has suggested using sand but as only a QT so not want to use. I have seen some use a block of marine pure in the tank itself to build...
  13. F

Paul's Nano tank set up - Quarantine tank

Hi, I have a 135L tank and recently bought a used Aqua Medic Yasha to use as a quarantine tank, 36 litres. My first question is can I use the water from my main tank to save time in cycling, main tank has been up and running for 6 weeks. I was going to do it in 3 parts by adding 3 x 10 litres...
  14. F

Fox Face

Hi, I have a 135l tank which is 30g and have the following cuc added to a tank which is only 5 weeks young - 1 x fighting conch 2 x red leg hermit crabs 1 x bumblebee snail 2 x Turbo snails 3 x Trochus snails I also have a fire shrimp which. Is not cuc but luved the coloured and couldn't...
  15. F

New tank Startup

I added a radioactive dragon eye Zoa, has about 10 heads and is really nice. A deep green that glows in the dark, hence the name I guess. Planning on adding others Zoa's in that area to make a Zoa garden.
  16. F

New tank Startup

Wow that is a lot, 1 x gallon. Can you then add crabs etc on top or is it that rough calculation for cuc in total? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  17. F

New tank Startup

They are real hoovers, what cuc do to have? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
  18. F

When can I introduce soft corals?

What coral would you add next, have another week or so before I add another couple of frags? Should stick to softies but would luv to move to LPS but might be a step to far for a new tank and newbie keeper. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  19. F

Will keep an eye on it, currently sitting on top rock Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
  20. F

Just been looking at a couple of LPS in acans and candy canes and they appear to be quite hardy. Are they ok for a new tank with stable water conditions or a bit of a risk? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free