Search results

1. Aearin

What's this in Torch Coral?

Thanks for you reply. I think I've had it for about 2-3 weeks it seems to be doing pretty well. I was running the lights for 12hrs a day but have dropped it down to 8 currently.
  2. Aearin

Lmao that would really help wouldn't it! It's coming out a bit now so looks a bit like some sort of secretion
  3. Aearin

Hi guys Wondering if somone can help. Just spotted this in my torch, looks like some kind of egg sac or something? Any ideas?
  4. Aearin

mattgee's 130c

I'm in the same boat as you. It's not too bad living in England and the fact summers over now but i can imagine next year it will cause me some big problems. My surface fans running 24/7 keep it bouncing between 27-29 but i'm considering a chiller now. It's an unplanned purchase and it's...
  5. Aearin

Aearin's New RSM C-130 Tank

Cheers guys and great post Nano. I got a response back from Red Sea so giving something a go and hopefully it gets the skimmer working properly! Sharing incase it's helpful to anyone else experience problems. Ensure the aquarium is running at the optimum water level and not above...
  6. Aearin

Hi everyone Sorry for the lack of updates recently but quite frankly my tank is embarrassing! I've had enough of the skimmer problems and i've contacted Red Sea for a solution. Hopefully gets sorted soon :/
  7. Aearin

Martin's RSM C-130

1.024 is fine mate, i usually keep mine at 1.026. Anywhere around that's idea It's a good idea to calibrate the refractometer often before use, some people do it every time to get accurate results
  8. Aearin

cleaner shrimp dead

I've got a huge blood red shrimp and he's molted twice already in my new tank. Every time it happens I'm like fffffuuuuuu! Then I realise it's just skin
  9. Aearin

Martin's RSM C-130

I love marine crabs and prefer them over snails. My favourite are blue leg hermits and Halloween hermit. I've opted for red leg this time round as I've got a couple in my orb I'm yet to transfer over. I've had bumblebee snails in the past they are really good but I find them one of the most...
  10. Aearin

Martin's RSM C-130

Looking good mate. Exciting stuff isn't it. Me and my girlfriend spotted multiple hairy legs poking out of the the holes in the rock, I shone my iPhone torch and it buggered off... Quick! I'm starting to worry it might be a gorilla crab but we havent seen it since. Have you started the reef...
  11. Aearin

Thanks guys Roop: The temp is spot on, it's pretty much a constant 28C it just means leaving the surface fans on 24/7 which isn't a major issue I can sleep through it. I've had a bit of a diatom bloom but it's under control, water levels are perfect bar nitrates which is a tiny bit higher...
  12. Aearin

Quick Update: Added a few corals to the tank, 3 sexy shrimp, 2 red leg hermits (1 common took out the other 2 crabs) and a Conch Snail to try and take care of the diatom bloom i've got. Salt is back under control, just need to work on fine tuning the skimmer. Longshot of the...
  13. Aearin

Cheers guys. I'm gonna step up the clean up crew today maybe get few more turbo's etc cause the shrimps ain't the best at keeping on top of it. Having trouble with the skimmer it seems a right nightmare, I've got a feeling it might be faulty as my tank is hitting the 30's if I don't...
  14. Aearin

Martin's RSM C-130

No need to have the skimmer on really there's nothing to skim. I'd turn it on nearing end of your cycle to break it in though. Have you got you circulation pump on? I made that mistake and my sump is full of sand now!
  15. Aearin

Big problem with Salinity

Thanks Greg, was panicking cause i hadn't seen my Goby all night and the pistol shrimp was digging alone and i thought he'd croaked it. Finally he stuck his head out the other end. I thought this was the beginning of the end! I'll start first thing tomorrow. What would you say, e.g. 10L...
  16. Aearin

Big problem with Salinity

Hi guys I'm wondering if you can help me i've got a massive issue and i can't sleep til i've had some reassurance or it's been resolved. Basically i've had my tank up and running for 4-5 weeks and had a problem from the start with evaporation. Not thinking, i've been topping up the tank with...
  17. Aearin

Wonder if somone can help me. The last week or so my tank quality has been getting increasingly worse, algae growing in the sand and on the rocks etc, and tons and tons of mini particles in the water. I switched to Purigen and CPE on Saturday hoping to eradicate this, i know it's not been long...
  18. Aearin

Thanks Roy, believe it or not i was actually in my LFS earlier and i discussed with them about putting it on the sand as it will be the only place it looks right! Of course i left with two more small corals and an ATO... Pics to follow
  19. Aearin

Roy's Red Sea Max C-250

Hope you enjoyed your trip Roy. Tank looks fantastic mate
  20. Aearin

A worm you don't want in your aquarium.

Oh dear god. I was about to say Tremors too!