Search results

1. Joeys Tank

Joey's RSM 650 Tank Thread

Yikes, sorry all. It has been a crazy year.
  2. Joeys Tank

Red Sea 650 update - 'expert' advice

As a 650 owner ... I run with 300 lbs of live rock. You will want to get 75kg more. At this stage in the game, since you have already added live stock, I would recommend adding dry rock to the tank to increase the surface area for bacteria to grow. Place pieces a few at a time and focus with...
  3. Joeys Tank

The encrusting Montiopora is encrusting very well And the Duncan is thriving as always
  4. Joeys Tank

More pics. Enjoy!!!! Maroon Goldstripe Clownfish in front of a Trumpet coral Blastomussa coral is doing very well. Hammer coral is thriving. Added a new Zoa rock to the tank.
  5. Joeys Tank

While I had hoped the Maroon Gold Stripe clownfish would have hosted the Sebae Anemone, they decided to take up residence in the Trumpet coral. The anemone is very healthy and I have noticed an improvement in the health of the Trumpet since the clowns moved in.
  6. Joeys Tank

Happy weekend from the Royal Gramma!!!!
  7. Joeys Tank

Happy Hump Day!!
  8. Joeys Tank

Happy 1st Birthday to the tank!! Thank you to all for the advice, guidance and the opportunities to learn.
  9. Joeys Tank

DianaKay's RSM 250

Great advice from Oxy. While it will make a great clean up on the algae by having two, I would be ready to move one back to the LFS once it starts to clear up. Ideally, one will make a great dent in it given time (you are already seeing progress in a few days) as well as find a nice balance...
  10. Joeys Tank

New Tank Questions

I recommend at least 6-8" distance just to make it easy to adjust the flow valve. May want a little more to make break down and maintenance on the valve easier. I use the cable hiders on my 650. Makes it cleaner back there.
  11. Joeys Tank

Happy Monday!!
  12. Joeys Tank

He is almost 18" across.
  13. Joeys Tank

The Serpent Starfish stopped by to wish you all a happy weekend.
  14. Joeys Tank

Bazmackems RSM130

Hmmm, the LFS selling something to "kick-start" the process of lowering nitrates .... When someone uses the term kick-start, what they usually refer to is the assisting the natural process. The natural process of eliminating nitrates from a system is 1) consumed along with phosphates in the...
  15. Joeys Tank

Bazmackems RSM130

I am late to the party here, but first off ... welcome to RS!!!! As you have seen thus far, a lot of great help/advice. Looking at your nitrates, very very high. At first I had thought it may have been your test kit that was giving you bad readings of 160 ppm but then you said your LFS also...
  16. Joeys Tank

I love the orange outlines of the Maroon Goldstripes
  17. Joeys Tank

Happy Hump Day!!
  18. Joeys Tank

The Angel and the Clowns were added at the same time. The smaller of the clowns started "hosting" the Trumpet coral and the angel would occasionally chase it out, but now the other clown has joined in and they are being left alone. One thing that was interesting to watch was how the...