Search results

1. S

Please help ID

Yeah I couldn't get a good picture. As it grows I will post more pictures!
  2. S

Please help ID

Thank you! And it's a maroon goldflake. I was trying to stay with peaceful fish but he was so pretty... And I'm a redskins fan... So I couldn't resist him!
  3. S

Please help ID

Yikes I guess I should just be happy its nothing bad
  4. S

Please help ID

Thanks @Oxylebius, that's great news! Anyone have an idea as to what it is just so I know? Thanks all!
  5. S

Please help ID

I have what looks like an oyster or mussel of some variety. I only noticed it the last couple of days as my Zoas are not staying open like usual. I have looked over all the info I can find, but I cant seem to figure out what that is. Thanks for your help!
  6. S

reef safe?

Maybe valentini or blue spot puffers? im not really into triggers so those can stay as unwanted really, the girl likes them though :) But maybe a cow fish of some other box fish???
  7. S

reef safe?

My girl and I have had some big conversation about adding this fish or that fish and it always comes down to me saying that type of fish is too aggressive, or that type of fish will eat our corals/shrimp/crabs. But I wondered if I am being too general by saying no trigger is reef safe. I...
  8. S

Breaking down my tank after 15 years in Doylestown, Pa 18901

oh no!!! I am only a year in and I cant imagine what I would do with that extra pocket money and time! I wish I lived closer, I would help you house some critters and equipment but alas... its a long way to VA
  9. S

A discussion on Immunity

Thanks Paul! I missed that link. I have been surfing around on this forum trying to find your wisdom all in one place and there it is! Easy to dig through!
  10. S

A discussion on Immunity

@Paul B I know that you have several threads on keeping your brine shrimp and feeding your mandarins and feeding clams and blackworms etc. I was wondering if you could sum up your feeding regimen along with how you keep the live foods all the time (frequent trips to the store, online...
  11. S

RSM 250 replacement bulbs

I did the same thing! I thought it was 34" as well. I was assured on here that as long as I got the 39W t-5 they would fit my setup and that was correct. They are listed at 36" but are actually only 34" in real life... I hope that clears that one thing up for you!
  12. S

My RSM 250 journey

Thank you to @Squatch XXL for digging up my tank thread. I have had a few casualties recently. I lost both my Copperband and my Midas. The copperband got his snout stuck in the overflow, and the midas just went in his hiding hole and stopped eating for about 8 days. Im not really sure what...
  13. S

My RSM 250 journey

Thank you @Squatch XXL I Thought they were pretty too. I am trying to hold off on adding anything until I can find other colors besides green and red. But I do love what I have!
  14. S

My RSM 250 journey

@Oxylebius Unfortuanately, I wasnt able to keep it fed. I was not advanced enough. However, I do have a picture of it open, from before it starved!
  15. S

My RSM 250 journey

Thanks @Oxylebius!
  16. S

Moving and Need Advice/Suggestions

Do you have an LFS that you use frequently? I would start by asking mine how much he would charge to move it for me!! (He would probably be too high, so I would go with plan B) Plan B, My LFS has TONS of old salt buckets that he uses to transport water and acclimate fish etc. I would borrow...
  17. S

crazy clownfish behavior

maybe its something with the moon? My clown has been acting funny too. He started attacking the handle of the scraper when i was trying to get the coraline off the glass this weekend. Whats up with that???
  18. S

Snail? ID please

I believe its a stomatella snail. Others feel free to chime in... but since you saw it with your own eyes take a look and let us know if that matches what you saw. http://www.lionfishlair.com/hitchhiker/hitchhiker.shtml
  19. S

Need help starting

As I said before. There are a lot of us that are Red Sea fans. Take a look here http://www.redseafish.com/max-concept/max-130d/ The 130 is a 34 gallon tank (only 29 gallons in the display portion) and the 250 is a 65 gallon tank (60 gallons in the display portion)... Both are in your...
  20. S

Need help starting

I think there are still lots of details needed here. How big of a setup do you want? Are you good with DIY projects? What types of corals are beautiful and interesting to you? I personally, don't like DIY when I don't know what the outcome should be and bought the Red Sea Max 250. This is an...