Search results

1. F

Reefer 250 & Refugium

Im contemplating going down the reefer 250 route but I've always wanted to run a refugium mainly to support copepod production enabling the possibility of a mandarin. The ONLY thing that's putting me off the 250 is the sump not having a refugium partition. I've seen you can get baffles which...
  2. F

Pre-owned tank & brooklynella

Has anyone every inherited a tank which has previously suffered from brooklynella? Any way to disinfect the tank and sump etc and ensure you don't inherit the brooklynella?
  3. F

If you were to start again..

So, if you had an RSM all in one tank, specially the 250 MAX or C.... What would you do from the outset? Modification/equipment wise? Add a sump?
  4. F

SOLD : Red Sea Max 250

I have for sale my Red Sea Max 250 / RSM 250. Around 3 years old, was purchased from another reefer 18 months ago and is in very good condition. Due to personal circumstances the project never took off and the tank and stand have been in the living room doing nothing for 18 months :( The unit...
  5. F

Phosban 150 in RSM 250 and MCE500?

I've picked up a preowned 2LF Phosban 150, with the intention of setting it up for use in my original RSM 250. I miscalculated the space the MCE500 takes up due to the glass partition to the lower right of the central chamber. The only place I can therefore think of installing it is the...
  6. F

What do you use to clean the curved corners on your RSM 250?

What do you use to clean the curved corners on your RSM 250?
  7. F

Reactor for the RSM250?

I'm looking for a phosphate reactor that will fit in the rear of an RSM250? It'll be used elsewhere first but I do intend on using it long term in the back of the RSM250. It'll be my first reactor, I know nothing about what to look out for at the moment!
  8. F

HELP! Feel like I've been burnt on LR, beyond annoyed :(

As some of you may know I've been on the hunt for LR for the past month or so, the first batch I went to look at was covered it algae so I decided to keep clear of it. Having found some more I went over, and was impressed with the shapes etc. No fish in the tank but I was aware live stock had...
  9. F

Stupid Question! Can the RSM Flood?

I'm yet to get water in my tank but was looking at the pump setup earlier. In the event of a pump failure can the 250 flood? Or does the working pump manage to take the load?
  10. F

Macro Algae? To buy rock or not?

Hi all, I've been to see some live rock this evening that's being sold by a local reefer. Essentially, half of the rock in the tank (about 300l) was full of macro algae(not hair, more leafy, sort of seaweedie stuff. The other half looked quite mature, one large piece was covered in coralline...
  11. F

White spot via live rock?

If you purchase live rock from a system that has previously suffered from white spot (say within the past 5-6 months) I presume there is a large change of the white spot being present in your system once the rocks are added. Is there anyway to remove these pests before adding fish to the new...
  12. F

Marketplace by location?

I've been browsing the market section for a few bits I'm after but with being UK based I feel it's a bit more difficult to locate stuff close to me. Even adding a reference to location in the subject line would help loads :)
  13. F

Anyone running cheto?

As title really? Is anyone managing to run cheto in the standard RSM250 sump?
  14. F

Anthias & Wrasse with medium gravel?

Hi, I'm in the process of starting a new tank, I've not kept anthias or wrasse before but understand they tend to burrow into the tank floor if stressed. I'm mulling over what substrate to purchase at the moment, I was after more of a gravel type material this time around having used live...
  15. F

Topping up live rock or aquaroche post/pre upgrade tank transfer?

I'm soon to be making the move from a 125L with 17kg of good live rock to a 250L, at present I've got no additional rock and my existing aqua scape isn't particularly well sculptured, I do however like it. My existing rock has no nasties and plenty of goodies so I want to reuse it in my 250L...
  16. F

Starting out with a modified Red Sea Max 250! Help and advice required!

I've been reef keeping with a very basic nano Rio 125L setup for the last 3 years. Overall its been a success with the setup comprising of around 17kg of live rock, MCE 600 skimmer and 4x24w T5s - no filters, just a decent amount of live rock and a good skimmer. This tank one only cost me £80...
  17. F

Hi all!

Thought i'd pop in and say hello, I've been reef keeping for around 3 years now with a small rio 125 liter tank. I've very recently upgraded to a preowned and slightly modified red sea max. I'm starting my journey with this one but need help upping my game! I joined specifically as your red sea...