Search results

1. coralrama

Red Sea Max S 650 etc and 2 weeks holidays ??

Yes, you need a small pump, I use a lightweight sicce, the ato unit, and a bucket of RODI water. The jbj can be set up two ways, one so that both float switches go in the top off and it maintains the level between them, or one so that one float switch goes in the bucket and keeps the pump from...
  2. coralrama

Red Sea Max S 650 etc and 2 weeks holidays ??

I use a jbj Ato to fill the ato chamber. An apex controller also helps a lot if you also have a wifi camera so you can see your tank and sump. That way you can turn off the skimmer if it goes nuts, and have some basic peace of mind. It's even possible to install a float switch in your skimmer...
  3. coralrama

size of unions on RSM s500

Thanks Kev, I found https://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?product=PVC-Fittings-Metric-Adapters If they don't work with the existing unions I'll cut the pipe and use them to at least get onto the US system :-) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. coralrama

size of unions on RSM s500

Does anyone know the size of the unions used for the overflows and return for the rsm s500? I want to move my sump to the basement, and would rather keep the existing plumbing intact. I was hoping to buy new unions, and hook up new piping to half and then just unscrew the drains and return lines...
  5. coralrama

Oh No, my high Tech thermometer stopped working

What's that gray thing hanging on the wall to the right of the skimmer?
  6. coralrama

Green mandarin

Oxy I've read they have their yolk sack for the first 24 hours which is where the nutrition comes from
  7. coralrama

Tli rsm 500

Purple is the most common, but it comes in lots of colors. I have some red and green, but mostly purple.
  8. coralrama

Green mandarin

What kind of mesh are you using? I tried panty hose but it's too big and I get egg casings in the tank
  9. coralrama

Tli rsm 500

If it rubs off easily it's probably cyano bacteria, which will spread quickly and can be a battle to get rid of. If it doesn't rub off its probably red coraline algae, which is way cool.
  10. coralrama

Morgan's s500

I got him from a guy in kingston, ny, not sure how far that is for you, but he has quite the setup in his basement. He will order, QT, and fatten up whatever you are looking for. I just got a flame wrasse from him last weekend, I will try to get pics...
  11. coralrama

Tank turned 49 this year

Most cardiologists are short and rotund, it's a strange phenomenon. Similarly, most psychiatrists are nuts.
  12. coralrama

Morgan's s500

13. coralrama

Tli rsm 500

Hey Tom, were you at the Manhatten reefs swap? I was there, it was great!
  14. coralrama

Morgan's s500

Thanks Mike, it doesn't photo very well as the branch is sticking out everywhere. Now I just need everything to grow! Faster! The checkerboard is doing great all fish have been in excellent health. I added a lineatus wrasse too, I will try to get a picture of him.
  15. coralrama

Morgan's s500

Thanks nano. I picked up a new skimmer about 10 days ago, just so everyone knows, the skimz sk201 fits perfectly in the center chamber of the s500 sump. The water level is right too, I got mine just spilling over the edge of the media chamber. It's a great skimmer, was pulling brown nasty...
  16. coralrama

Red Sea Max Full Tank Shot Photos

New scape!
  17. coralrama

Morgan's s500

Haven't posted in a while, redid my aquascape last week! here's another
  18. coralrama

New Skimmer?

I just picked up a skimz 201 for my s500. I really like it so far. It wants to be in between 7 and 9.5" of water. My sump was already at 8, which seems perfect. Fits perfectly in the chamber the old skimmer was in.