1. jeffecito

Hello guy

Hi Christine. Welcome ! Phiu
  2. jeffecito

New tank or week vacation?

get a tank, let it cycle while u r on vacation :D
  3. jeffecito

DIY CSXC type Chiller

that sounds great, let's know once u get some water flow through that chiller.
  4. jeffecito

20H in the Dominican Republic

This is a slow build :D I've got time to wait, and I am pushing the temperature limits here in the summer heat. My tank is steady at 30C, I really would like to see it in the late twenties but my tomato doesn't seem to be too bothered. As for more fish; I have several blennies that I would...
  5. jeffecito

DIY CSXC type Chiller

Cool :p have you tested how much it pulls the tank temp down?
  6. jeffecito

Long time lurking...

Tjena Peter, welcome !!
  7. jeffecito

Cycle starting advice ?

The cycle will do its thing regardless if we test or not :D - testing for ammonia nitrite and nitrate gives us good feed back from the tank so we can see what is happening; it all depends how fast your shrimp decomposes and what state your rocks are in.
  8. jeffecito

Introduce Myself

Welcome Jay!!
  9. jeffecito

Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium LED Light

Greatly appreciate your comments and pictures, :> I placed the order yesterday and they are due to show up in my PO box in Miami tomorrow, I reckon I'll see them here in the Dominican republic during the week-end. I originally planned on getting my lights in August, but after seeing Snids tank I...
  10. jeffecito

Thanx Snid, I took a peek at your chronicle and it looks great to me; my tank is obviously more shallow so this will fly. I fully realize that I have limitations, but it's anyway all about compromises. Amazon is on the way with my lights :D
  11. jeffecito

Thanks reefer; I'll be browsing around for another month I guess - still think this one suit my needs; it gets loads of good reviews on several sites. Do you know if any1 here on RS has got one? Phiu
  12. jeffecito

Have anyone some experience with Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium LED Light? I'm still in the planning stage and will eventually get some mushrooms and Zoas for my 20H, I like that this fixture is programmable and doesn't need any xtras to work...
  13. jeffecito

20H in the Dominican Republic

Could not resist the tomato clown in the LFS. We went to the beach in the week end and found ourselves a CUC, mostly nerite snails, but also a few others that I couldn't ID and a cpl of hermits. The tank did a text book cycle and my tomato clown is doing great. I'll probably add a 10L tank...
  14. jeffecito

Keeping fish again, soon

Still working on placing rocks the way I want them Phiu
  15. jeffecito

Keeping fish again, soon

10 days cycling and nitrates has increased from 0 to 30 ppm :) Phiu
  16. jeffecito

Hello from Mauritius

Hi reefmauritius, I've just done just that... I live in the Dominican Republic and picked up some rocks from a nearby reef. I has a lot of die off, when I started cycling - wife couldn't cope with the smell, so we ended up killing the rocks with fresh water and a day in the sun. My tank...
  17. jeffecito

Keeping fish again, soon

Will for sure see if I can find some critters, starfish and such. Phiu
  18. jeffecito

Keeping fish again, soon

Thanks all, for the warm welcome. I found my LR in a reef close to the beach; we washed them in freshwater - had to do that. And the tank has now cycled for a week with those rocks and I now have some white mucus growing on some of the rocks - I'm not sure what it is, but have seen that I'm not...
  19. jeffecito

Keeping fish again, soon

Hi all, I've just started cycling a 20 gallon tank, we live in the Dominican Republic so it's kind a hard to find bits and pieces in the LFS, I just ordered a test kit on amazon to follow the cycle; but it will prolly take me the better part of a week to get it. I am planning to add a pair of...