Search results

1. R

HELP - Neptune Apex Owners in Chicagoland Area

Well, i've done it again. i bit off more than i could chew. i'm looking for a person with a huge heart from the chicagoland area that really knows Neptune Apex controllers to help me set mine up. i'm willing to pay. I would be forever grateful and in this person's debt. Anyone?
  2. R

PLEASE HELP Red Sea Max 130D Owners - Successfully Set Up - Skimmer/Set Up Help

Thank you so much. Your response was the straw. I ordered the tunze set up. Will be here tomorrow. Happy Fourth of July.
  3. R

Neptune Apex Install On RSM 130D

Thank you to everyone that responded to this thread. I appreciate the feedback. I've decided to take DaveK's advice and wait. Once i have the skimmer dialed in then i'll see if it is even necessary.
  4. R

PLEASE HELP Red Sea Max 130D Owners - Successfully Set Up - Skimmer/Set Up Help

I have a newer Red Sea Max 130D and really need some help. This is my first nano tank. I had a 180 gallon tank years ago but then i had kids. That was easy. I'm trying to get back into the hobby but the skimmer in this nano is killing me. First, i had to get a replacement skimmer from Red...
  5. R

Neptune Apex Install On RSM 130D

So, i'm thinking of buying a Neptune Apex controller for my RSM 130D. I'm hoping that some others on the site have made this choice and could provide some pictures or a brief write up of how you dealt with the wires, probes, cables and etc. when installing a controller like this into the RSM...
  6. R

RSM 130D LED Retrofit Choice

Thank you for the feedback. When you add the storm controller does the set up still stay within the hood? I'm trying not to add anything to the exterior of my tank. Did they send you anything about the lighting controller and it's set up and install. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. R

RSM 130D LED Retrofit Choice

I'm considering updating my RSM 130D with LED lighting. I've come to two choices on my own and was hoping to get some feedback from the group. Links to my two choices are below and if i'm not on the right track, please let me know that as well. If anyone has any installation ideas as far as...
  8. R

Starfish spawning

That is awesome. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  9. R

Red Sea Max 250 black filter sponges

Is chem pure elite a form of carbon? I'm learning. Sorry if this is a stupid question. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  10. R

Relative newbie.

I hope you have luck with Red Sea. I just bought a 130D and had horrible luck with my skimmer. They did send me a new one but it took a lot of doing to get them to do this. It solved my micro bubble problem which I'm thrilled about and I'm very happy with the tank now. Good luck. Sent from...
  11. R

LED Lighting for standard 20" inch long 10 gallon.

nivek, i'm curious why LED lighting would have anything to do with the water chemistry? I'm just curious.
  12. R

Returning to Reefing, Red Sea 130D Problems

I once had a 180 gallon set up. It was too much at the time (young kids) and have decided to get back into the game. I decided to do this with a simple, what was supposed to be, Red Sea Maxx 130D. I'm disappointed with it thus far. Everything is good with the exception of the skimmer and the...