Search results

1. F

Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off

I have only had the unit for 4 months, I'm hoping there may be a rep to shed some light on this? Blackbeltmom, mine was working during the night, i don't believe it needs light to work normally.
  2. F

Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off

Hey All, Quick question…I have the Tunze 3155 and continue to get a blinking red "Too Low" light after the initial self test. I have run the self test with optical eye in and out of water to no avail. I was wondering if anyone might have experience with this issue? Thanks in advance! Jake
  3. F

Roy's Red Sea Max C-250

Roy glad to see your leather is coming back and starting to open….nothing is more depressing than putting all this work into your tank only to watch things die off…I'm battling my tang beating up a long tentacle plate in the front of my tank. I stood guard for almost 2 hours while it was taking...
  4. F

j&e's white rsm c-250 journey

Thanks Glenn, I prefer the blue look myself and think i would go with the following combo as used by Greg too…. 1 ATI1103 39W Aquablue Special T5 HO Fluorescent 4 ATI1111 39W Blue Plus T5 HO Fluorescent 1 ATI1127 39W Purple Plus T5 HO Fluorescent My only struggle now is spend the money...
  5. F

Glenn, When I performed my water change a little bit of the algae was able to syphoned off the rock. With that I am assuming it could be cyano. I was told it may be from too much white light in the t-5 spectrum in the hood of the RSM 250C. I am going to look around and see if some have...
  6. F

I have noticed some bright blood red diatoms appearing on some of the dry rock and I'm not sure what it is but I am keeping a close eye on it to see if it spreads or dissipates. I'll ask Erin to snap a pic or 2 to post and get opinions. She does all of the video and pics as she is much better at...
  7. F

Nick, thanks, I've been told by my LFS that using proper RO/DI water can help reduce the algae issues. I thought I was just lucky but think that does play a big part….and perhaps a bit of luck as well. I continue to push my luck with recently adding a blue spotted puffer. He took out 2-3 zoa...
  8. F

My 120 Gallon Project - First Timer !

Frank, That is a clean set up!! Very nice and I'm surely jealous! lol I do agree with having more of a sand bed area for certain corals. I didn't weigh that out in the beginning but wish I had. It has not been a major issue but has come into play a little. I'm not worked up enough to move...
  9. F

hi everyone :) & thanks for your nice comments. dan - i shoot with an Canon eos 60D DSLR - i think the biggest "secret" onefishtwofish - is great equipment. I shoot both in automatic & manual mode & try to do it when all the lights are on in the tank (which also happens to be when it is...
  10. F

it's been ages since we have posted. Just wanted to add a quick update to our tank thread :) We have quite a few corals & have introduced new fish since - everything seems to be thriving. Here's a few photos of our tank : will share more soon - we've been so busy...
  11. F

Hey All, Anyone have experience with Lyretail Anthias (Fiji)? Looking for any insight on these beautiful fish. I've read they typically do best in groups of 1 male and 1 female or 1 male and 3 females….looking for someone with first hand experience and any insight would be much appreciated!
  12. F

RS Max C250: Filter sponges cleaning

I clean every 2 weeks but I feel even that is perhaps a bit too often. I think Dan's intervals would be more than good enough…I will be pulling back on the frequency.
  13. F

you got it Mark, I've done some reading on it and hope it performs as described. So far it has held its claim.
  14. F

New Red Sea Max c250

Welcome Sean, I'm actually from Lauderdale myself but now live in Jax…looking forward to seeing your new set up. I feel you on the reefing on the brain…I call it legal crack! lol
  15. F

Hey Cheryl, I actually only used 1 bag of the CPB but will now go back and read it again to ensure I understood correctly. I initially thought it was 2 but I left the 2 bags of charcoal the tank came with so I only added 1 CPB and 1 purigen with intentions of changing to 2 CPB bags once the...
  16. F

Hi Cheryl, Sorry for the delayed response. I have been cleaning the sponges every other water change. I am currently changing 10 gallons once a week. I have had steady parameters and can't complain. I am now using CPB and purigen in the media basket and also added fine filter pads over my...
  17. F

Tiny Snail…..I Think

Hey Mike, You're spot on…….They have been munching on my zoa rock. I removed 2 that were visible and I am heading up to my LFS to grab a dip to treat the rock and try to rid of any larva and possibly remaining relatives. I had been having issues with the zoa's opening and I'm wondering if this...
  18. F

Turns out it is Aeolid Nudibranch's….I have seen 2 and they are neon green so they are eating my recently added Zoa's. I removed the 2 I was able to see and I'm going to dip the zoa rock to try and prevent a spread in the display tank. I will now do my homework and practice dips before adding...
  19. F

Tiny Snail…..I Think

Hey Oxy, I have a torch and a frogspawn recently added to my tank but I also added a small rock of zoa's, I believe they came in on that. I should have researched and dipped. I was able to remove the 2 that I have seen thus far as on the glass they are easy to spot. Do you think its too late...
  20. F

Tiny Snail…..I Think

Hey All, I've noticed a few of these tiny guys in my tank yesterday….I'm fairly new to the hobby but they look like tiny snails with no shell and they have tiny neon green bristles on their bodies. Not sure what these are. Any help on identifying them would be much appreciated!! I hope they...