Search results

1. Mark9

Neil's Red Sea Max C-250 Journey

Well, it all depends on water level, gate height and skimmer air setting. I guess you're skimming more "wet" than i am.
  2. Mark9

mattgee's 130c

Just because you haven't seen it does not mean it never happens. Google it.
  3. Mark9

mattgee's 130c

Reef safe? Not exactly. If you truly have Neomeris annulata, I suggest you remove the rock and eradicate it now. It can become invasive, I would not risk it. Just google it.
  4. Mark9

Very interesting. Has Red Sea changed something with the C model or is your water level too high? This phenomenon does not happen with my older model. The only time I turn off my return pumps is when I do a water change.
  5. Mark9

Martin's RSM C-130

A good rule of thumb is, if the crab is hairy looking, remove. Has black tips, remove. If it was my tank, i'd remove any crab I could not positively identify, which would be most, if not all. It's just not worth it to have a potential killer in there. Once you have corals and fish, removal...
  6. Mark9

Mark's Red Sea Max 250 Adventure

Back home after being gone for 5 days. My son looked after the place while we were gone. Tank observations; The good; - one of the fluorescent green trumpets looks like its getting a new head - duncan looking really happy, 4 heads now, started with 2 - plate looks absolutely stunning...
  7. Mark9

New to Saltwater / Marine and have a few questions

Perfectly fine for cycling. After cycling you'll only use the nitrate, and that only once in a while. Worked for me. You will need something like the Red Sea Master kit to check alkalinity, calcium and magnesium. Perfectly fine to add in stages. To safe money, you can add live to start...
  8. Mark9

Martin's RSM C-130

If it was me, i'd run the skimmer. Turn it way down to start, get some bubbles going in there. Slowly increase the bubbles. By slowly, I mean do an adjustment in an hour or 2. If you do not know how a venturi skimmer works, here's something to read. Skimming Basics 101 The sooner you learn...
  9. Mark9

Zigman's RSM C250

Welcome, Couple more posts then we get to see the juicy pictures! As for drilling, to can buy bits that do 3" or more holes very cheaply at Lowes.
  10. Mark9

It is 465. My 575 is still way high (way less than the 700 or so it was), but everything is doing fine, except one feather duster, pretty sure he's a goner. The other one is ok, so the missing one may have not been well.
  11. Mark9

The Fromia really likes the clam. Calcium is down to 575, getting there.
  12. Mark9

Right corner is cracking...?

I thought it was a good deal.
  13. Mark9

ttrego's RSM 250

Wow, that was quick. Looks great.
  14. Mark9

Any test kit past expiration date should not be trusted.
  15. Mark9

Adrienne's Red Sea Max C-250

Roy, this is what you want to use, Super Glue Gel. I get it from the dollar store, 2 tubes for a buck. Buy a lot, as I generally don't re-use a tube once opened. Like Pat said, I tend to get glue all over my fingers. Even got it in my mouth once, nasty. Same stuff as reef glue...
  16. Mark9

Grant’s Move to RSM C-250

I could see the picture only if I linked to your address. Looks like it will display in-thread if you use the right click "location" with cursor on picture.
  17. Mark9

Not trying to be a Debbie downer, but is that a typo for the ca? 330 seems really low for that salt mix. Should be around 450'ish. With your low coral load, water changes should easily keep it at that level.
  18. Mark9

mattgee's 130c

Just curious, how much salt did/will it take?
  19. Mark9

Dev52's RSM 250 Log

Cool, I guess I Do have Sicce pumps :)
  20. Mark9

mattgee's 130c

Numbers look good, ca came up as it should have with the sg increase. You stopping or trying for the 1.025/1.026?