Search results

1. Roy Page

Max C-250 - T5 to LED Conversion

After a lot of reading and thinking, I have decided to swap out the T5 lights for an LED system. I really want a system that can be installed quickly and include a new controller that can fit in the hood in a workmanlike manner. I don't want wires draped around the hood and a controller which is...
  2. Roy Page

RSM 250 or C-250 Water Cooling Fans Blow Across Water Or Suck Air Out?

Found one of my water cooling fans had failed. Pulled it out, inspected and found one wire broken off fan. Cleaned up the connection and soldered back on, all is good again BUT! I forgot if the fans are supposed to suck out out at the back on blow air in from the back? At the moment my fans are...
  3. Roy Page

Help with coral identification.

We bought a couple of corals sometime ago and it looks like the rocks to which they were attached are growing another coral. Can anyone help with the identification please. Photo 1 The 1st photo shows very slow growth on a coral which is starting to turn green. Photo 2 The 2nd photo shows a...
  4. Roy Page

Wanted - Tips for catching our Blue Hippo Tang

We have decided to take our Blue Hippo Tang back to the LFS :oh: He is so fast around the tank, have failed to net him at two attempts. Tips please, how to catch a fish without harming him or the corals in the tank ? Roy
  5. Roy Page

Lights - How many hours per day?

We are interested to know how many hours folk here have their tank lights on. With no intention of having an aquarium, I designed the house to be full of natural light throughout the year. The house is positioned and windows located to gain the maximum amount of solar heating in the extreme...
  6. Roy Page

RSM 250 - Maximum number of fish and why ?

We are new to the hobby and have a new RSM C-250. Whilst we wish to develop the corals in our aquarium, we really like to see many fish and find them truly fascinating. It seems that many on this forum have maybe 5, 6 or 7 fish in their RSM 250's staying with a rule of "inches per gallon" which...
  7. Roy Page

Postitioning Of Plate Corals

We are very new at this hobby and know very little about corals. Just recently bought a bright green plate coral and had it in the QT for a week and then put it in the DT. Just placed it temporarily on a flattish rock while trying to decide where to put it. A couple of days later I was informed...
  8. Roy Page

What Temperature Do You Keep Your Tank At ?

Over last few days of travelling on long haul flights I had the chance to read [from cover to cover] the "Marine Reef Aquarium Handbook" by R J Goldstein. Since I started my C-250 a month ago I have been trying to keep the temperature at about 79 F and I have been struggling to keep the swings...
  9. Roy Page

Red Sea Care Test Kit - Testing KH

I am very new to reef keeping and only today filled my new RSM C-250 for the first time. See http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/91175-roys-red-sea-max-c-250-a.html I have the RS Marine Care Test Kit and don't understand testing KH. Question 1 To achieve the "Start"...
  10. Roy Page

Roy's Red Sea Max C-250

This is an awesome moment when I have plucked up enough courage to start this thread which will chronicle me taking the plunge for the very first time into reef keeping. To keep the lovely lady happy and match our house woodwork, I have gone for the Red Sea Max C-250 in White :yup: Kept...
  11. Roy Page

New to reefing and new to Reef Sanctuary - Red Sea Max C-250 arriving tomorrow 5/2/14

The name is Roy and I am totally new here and new to reefing. We live in Damascus, NE Ohio but hail from Stourbridge, West Midlands in England. Been in Ohio since 1998. Been studying reef tanks for last 6 months and finally got a Red Sea Max C-250 ordered a couple of days ago, it is due to...