Search results

1. K

C-250 - filter media replacement --- SOCKS ?? Filter cup ?

Has anyone figured out how to use filter cups or socks to replace the foam blocks ??? thx !
  2. K

C-250 - filter media replacement --- SOCKS ?? Filter cup ?

Has anyone figured out how to use filter cups or socks to replace the foam blocks ??? thx !
  3. K

Run a C-250 without lid ?

have you noticed when you lift the lid the tank gets MUCH MUCH brighter !
  4. K

yep,,, neet,, with your skimmer/sump relocated you were able to remove the back plastic portion of the lid... I would need to build a frame to hide it from view..
  5. K

I have installed 2 Radion Pros into the C-250 Lid. I find it too close to the water line and I loose a lot of lumens and spread... thinking about deleting the lid,,, hanging the Radions... and building a box frame to hide the skimmer etc... Has anyone done such a thing ?
  6. K

any idea what my Rhizotrochus is doing ???

It has 2 little disfigured growth’s on one side of it ???? All elephant man like and stuff… I have read that the multiply by budding,,, I haven’t been able to find any pictures of this… Thx ..Keng
  7. K

My shiny new White C-250,,, wow waited for a long time,,

LEDs are Radion Pro's,, look in my thread ,, it outlines the install... only covers main tank... personally I don't think the sump is that accessible to house any other livestock (pods' etc...) especially if it's right up against the wall.... the white stuff is just the white eggcrate crap...
  8. K

splitting outlets ???? never did,,, I just redirected them with locline segments.... had about 5-6 segments... After getting the GYRE 150,,, I cut it down to 1 segment + the spade outlet,,, looks much cleaner... currently removed my MP10 and 40,, just running the GYRE right now...
  9. K

WARNING !!! : anyone that owns a C-250 ,,, jumper ALERT !!!!... well this evening I was wondering,, hey where's my yellow jawfish ???,,, and then hey,, where's my male Nako wrasse ???? looked and looked.. no where... looked behind in the sump,,, and there they were all freaked out...
  10. K

Seed's RSM C-250

what sort of camera setup are you using to take your photos ???
  11. K

Maxspect gyre and the max

Do you guys think this is too much for a c250 ??? running mp10 cycling between 0-45% on NTM modem,, mp40 runiing at 8% anti-sync,,, and Gyre at pulse at 40%... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rin7LDxzCsg&feature=youtu.be
  12. K

final opinion ... you need 2 of them,,, there claim of reverse gyre by running in A-A mode does not create a freindly-current when running in reverse... the power needed to push down the depth of the tank to create a full reverse gyre would kick up too much sand...
  13. K

Maxspect gyre and the max

final opinion ... you need 2 of them,,, there claim of reverse gyre by running in A-A mode does not create a freindly-current when running in reverse... the power needed to push down the depth of the tank to create a full reverse gyre would kick up too much sand.... need soon to be announced...
  14. K

nothing beats the shimmering of metal halides ! I'd run them over LEDS if my tank would support it..
  15. K

as it sits today,,, will be growing some b*lls soon and start stocking corals... :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHt89PZJ318&feature=youtu.be
  16. K

What do you use to clean the curved corners on your RSM 250?

use your wallet and buy the new C-250 :),,,
  17. K

Water Flow

I installed a set of loc-line tubing with the spade outlets directed towards the back of the tank at the rear.... I know it seems like filter output straight into the intake.. but my vortechs provide enough "kick-up" to move all "stuff" into the filters.. works well,,, gravel is never...
  18. K

in tank refugium - who has done it ?

yep was thinking of that,,, but how are you able to get to the critters (e.g. harvest amphipods for food) ?
  19. K

in tank refugium - who has done it ?

I have a redsea c-250 , no underneath sump I want to add a in tank refugium,,, has anyone done this before ??? an hassles??? removing to clean algae, etc...??? thx _________
  20. K

Automatic Feeding System - has anyone installed one and where???

looking to get a Automatic Feeding System not to sure where would be the best... I was thinking maybe in the rear off, the front of the sump wall ??? was looking at the neptune Automatic Feeding System :: AFS thx