Search results

1. AngieRN

Angie's Reef Journey

I currently have a 75g reef tank with about 150lbs of live rock and 40-50lbs of live sand. I have a mated pair of false perculas, 2 blue chromis, an engineer goby that likes to stay super busy rearranging my sand bed, and a snail eating serpent star. As for corals, I have a gorgeous fox coral...
  2. AngieRN

Serpent star eating my snails!!!

so, this totally just happened! I was turning off the lights in my QT tank when I noticed my serpents out front in my DT. I stopped to look at him for a minute, as I find him very entertaining. I noticed there was a snail caught up in one of his arms. I figured no big deal, he'll find his way...
  3. AngieRN

Sump question for upgrade

I'm upgrading my 75g to a 125g. Currently, I have a 20g sump. Is this ok for the 125g, or should I get a bigger sump. I'm thinking about converting the 75g into a sump for the 125g; would that be overkill?
  4. AngieRN

Sump question for upgrade

I'm upgrading my 75g to a 125g. Currently, I have a 20g sump. Is this ok for the 125g, or should I get a bigger sump. I'm thinking about converting the 75g into a sump for the 125g; would that be overkill?
  5. AngieRN

24" Ecoxotic Panorama Pro LED

Just upgraded my lights and looking to sell my old unit. This is a 24" Ecoxotic Panorama Pro LED unit. These lights include the usual white and blue, along with some reds and greens. Light is in excellent condition. I'm including a pic of the original invoice to show the cost of the light. I'm...
  6. AngieRN

Nitrate issue

My tank is over 4 years old and I've never had any real chemistry issues. Four days ago, I checked my parameters because my bubble tip anemone suddenly shriveled up. Knowing that anemones are very intolerant of parameter changes, this was my logical first step. Test results showed pH 8.2, NH3 0...
  7. AngieRN

Sealing a leaky aquarium

I have a quick question, we bought a 125g tank that has a leak in one corner. I know we have to use 100% silicone, but is it ok if it says it's for windows, doors, and siding? It's 100% silicone, clear, and 100% waterproof...it's "DAP" brand (idk if that matters) Thanks for any advice
  8. AngieRN

Algae problem

Ok, I need help! I have a several types of algae in my tank and I don't know why :( I have diatoms, bubble algae, red slime algae, Cyanobacteria, and (I think) hair algae! Here are my current parameters: Nitrates: 0 Phosphates: 0 pH: 8.2 Salinity: 1.023 Ammonia: 0 Nitrites: 0 Temp...
  9. AngieRN

HELP!! Rabbit fish in trouble :(

I have a scribbled rabbit fish that I just got on Wednesday. When he arrived, he was completely black and was laying on his side in the bag. I really thought he was dead. I started acclimating him anyway, using a slow drip acclimation. After about an hour he started to move a little. After 3...
  10. AngieRN

Aptasia outbreak

I have an UGLY aptasia outbreak!!! It started with just a few & they weren't spreading, so I left them alone. Bad mistake!!! It seems like in a matter of 2 weeks, they have taken over my tank; I mean, there's hundreds of them! :'( I bought 2 peppermint shrimp, but I haven't seen them since I put...
  11. AngieRN

Quarantine tank

I have set up a 10 gallon QT using 10 gallons of water from my 75 gallon DT. Does this tank still need to cycle? It has a new filter on it. How long should I wait before I try to put new livestock in it? And would you quarantine all livestock, including corals, or just fish & inverts? I've never...