Search results

1. Coraljunkie

Cant find my anemone

I like to feed mine as soon as it settles and attaches to rock. In my experience they've just about all stayed in the spot.
  2. Coraljunkie

Anemone Help

I would leave it be and monitor it. Once it finds a spot you can try feeding it some mysis.
  3. Coraljunkie

CJ's 40 Breeder

Ammonia is at 0, nitrite is well over 5.0ppm, nitrate is at 0. Maybe another week or two.
  4. Coraljunkie

Urchin madness

HA! that's hysterical.
  5. Coraljunkie

HELP! Trumpet coral

It looks very sucked in but I can still see some tissue on the sides of the skeleton. It May bounce back in time, just keep it clean. If you start to see anything growing on it just blow it away with a master and keep an eye on that puffer.
  6. Coraljunkie

CJ's 40 Breeder

I ended up having to build a new pvc overflow because the water falling/ spilling into the overflow was emptying faster than what it could keep up with so I went with 3/4 inch instead of 1 inch and it made a huge difference. This is a picture of the old pvc overflow. I'm using the same design.
  7. Coraljunkie

CJ's 40 Breeder

40 breeder is in a small sitting room, meanwhile I'm trying to finish my basement man cave which will have a 180g in the wall. This is a top down view before water was added. The cycle has begun so it shouldn't be long now.
  8. Coraljunkie

CJ's 40 Breeder

You're right, it's definitely close, it seems to be holding up fine for now but I'll be keeping an eye on it.
  9. Coraljunkie

CJ's 40 Breeder

Just bought a house and unfortunately lost most of my coral and a few fish during the move. I didn't want to give up my fish that survived so I decided to setup a 40 breeder holding/ grow out tank. For a stand I went with metal racking that holds up to 1,000lbs. I'm using another 40 breeder for...
  10. Coraljunkie

Marine Velvet

I agree 100%
  11. Coraljunkie

Marine Velvet

I wouldn't use anything under a 29 gallon. Water chemistry and or ammonia spikes are very unforgiving especially in small tanks. I'd skip the freshwater dip,I believe it just adds more stress than what its worth. I've lost plenty of battles to velvet over the years and then started to qt my...
  12. Coraljunkie

Coraljunkie's 54g Corner Reef

I've taken down the 54g and stuffed what I had into a 29g holding tank, hopefully it'll buy me enough time to cycle 40g breeder project. Diy 40g breeder sump and 40g breeder display, I'm using a metal rack that holds up to 1,000 lbs. This tank is setup in a sitting room and will stay up until I...
  13. Coraljunkie

It's been a while since my last visit and update. I bought my first house back in September which is great but unfortunately I lost almost everything during the move. All my acans died which is horrible because they're my favorite coral. I lost my barnacle blenny and 1 of 2 blue star leopards...
  14. Coraljunkie

Adding height to your aquascape

Was wondering if anyone had any tips on adding height to an aquascape?
  15. Coraljunkie

Sully's RSM Reefer 350

Beautiful tank
  16. Coraljunkie

Sully's RSM Reefer 350

Great looking tank right there:thumber2:
  17. Coraljunkie

HELP! Moving Tank and such...

Thanks Dave, I did not know that. Maybe it's a good time to upgrade a little. If I were to go to a 75g and use new sand but keep the same water and rocks would I have a cycle issue on my hands?
  18. Coraljunkie

HELP! Moving Tank and such...

I pretty much have a decent plan on moving my tank but I have 2 Leopard wrasses and I'm not sure how to move these 2. I know they say not to dig them up from the sand but what if they bury themselves when I try to catch them? I was planning on emptying most of the water from the tank but...
  19. Coraljunkie

bubble algae is just about gone