Search results

1. G

GT's first reef - Reefer 170

Thanks for the speedy feedback. Yes it is bad news indeed. I just tried option #1, but without any traps. My back was aching and my hand cold being in the water for ~20 mind or so. I did turn the red light on my Radion hence able to attempt this...but without any trap this fella is lighting...
  2. G

Hiya folks, Missed last weekend's update as I was caught up with some other stuff. Time does fly indeed and it's coming to a month since I set the tank up. My cycle is complete, got some GHA but that was taken care of by a sea hare slug I got upon recommendation - it was part of the cuc I got...
  3. G

Etienne's RSM 130

Looking good... And good job in keeping the glass clean [emoji6] [emoji106] Sent from my Xperia Z3
  4. G

NickF's RSM C130

That's a nice flameback angel you got there Nick! [emoji106] Would be nice if your clownfish are spawning [emoji6] Sent from my Xperia Z3
  5. G

Varga's 94 Gallon Cube

Looking good!!! Sent from my Xperia Z3
  6. G

The Fredericks' RSM C130

Hi Frederick, Can't say for sure but yes I was told the same thing from my lfs that if I fill with freshwater it'll defeat the purpose of having live sand and rock (not that I can find dry ones here anyway [emoji12]) So what I did was prepare the saltwater on a 24g plastic garbage can I use...
  7. G

Green Birdsnest

Yeah, Diana you can send some my way too if you do international posting lol. Just kidding... Nice growth on that! [emoji106] Cheers! Sent from my Xperia Z3
  8. G

OK cool glad to hear that. Guess my aim would be to get rid of that vermetid snail. Wouldn't want it to irate any corals. Oh yeah so I've got myself the calcium & magnesium test kits today (ended up with Nyos instead) and Hanna checker for PO4. So here's my reading for the day: NH3: 0 NO2: 0...
  9. G

Hi Oxy, Thanks for pointing that out. Hope it won't cause much issue in the long run. Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
  10. G

Thanks. Haha I like your way of defining it as 'renting' it instead. Yeah I guess you're right on that as it's got a short life span in tanks. Came across a video before saying it's got something to do with lack of iron in our system... If I remember correctly. I'd have to do more research...
  11. G

Hey y'all, Another update for the weekend. Tank looks 'good' thus far with the diatom bloom and all. Apologies for the bad image quality, light was off when I took the photos: There are a few unknown I hope y'all could help to identify what those are. Orange stuff on rock (it seems to...
  12. G

Rien his RSM C 250 adventure

Hmm... Ok. Maybe it's just a tapatalk thing. Albeit small tank looks nice [emoji6] Sent from my Xperia Z3
  13. G

Rien his RSM C 250 adventure

Looks nice! Is it just me or the pics show up as thumbnail size and loses resolution? Sent from my Xperia Z3
  14. G

Brand new to saltwater aquarist world

Nice clean rocks and scape! [emoji106] Sent from my Xperia Z3
  15. G

Clownfish Color Changed

Glad to hear you've found out the root cause and rectified it. Woohoo!!! [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji106] Tank is back on its path to glory!!! [emoji1] Sent from my Xperia Z3
  16. G

Brand new to saltwater aquarist world

Welcome, Cindy! I'm a first time Reefer too but just post away on what you have... Nothing is boring here and there are lotsa friendly and helpful folks in here. Keep us updated on your progress... Oh yeah folks here love photos [emoji1] So be sure to post more of it [emoji6] Cheers! -Gary...
  17. G

Doug's RSM 250

Ouch sorry to hear that [emoji17] Definitely sucks. Now you're creeping me out coz I've returned the bristleworm I caught back in the DT and I haven't seen it since. Hope it wouldn't cause me this kinda issue. Sent from my Xperia Z3
  18. G

NEW RSM250......and it begins!

Glad you finally caught your killer. Hope this puts an end to any more potential losses / killings [emoji6] Sent from my Xperia Z3
  19. G

Thanks for dropping by Pat. Fingers crossed I'll be off to a good start as well. Glad you like the scape [emoji4] Yup look forward to seeing it getting establish as well. Thanks for the support! Cheers! Sent from my Xperia Z3
  20. G

Thanks for the suggestion Nick. Yes one thing I've forgotten to mention is that I'll be adding those fishes very slowly...at least a month apart as mentioned. I'll be adding the cuc first before anything else and monitor things further. Yup those 2 are jumpers alright... I could only take my...