Search results

1. D

REFLECTIONS PICTURES......I need your comments !!!

Hi All These pictures are from my RSM 250. I would like to select the best 2 pictures of this set. It is for a contest at my local reef club. But I am not sure what would be the best............ SO I NEED YOUR HELP !!! :) Please, tell me, by your vote, what are the 2 pictures that you like...
  2. D

RSM250 moonlighs help

Hi all My RSM250 moonlights stop working. Any idea why or how to solve this problem ? Thanks Daniel
  3. D

Reefkeeper ELITE 6 months old

I have for sale my RK ELITE V2. Price : $250 + Shipping . I have PayPal 6 months old. Perfect condition, see pictures. - Monitor. - 2PC 4 - SL1 module - PH Probe - Temp. Probe all the wires Thanks Daniel
  4. D

For GYRE users

I read this posting in my local reef club and thought it would be useful for others here too..... http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?147587-Warning-for-Gyre-users
  5. D

Defective impeller in different models of brand new RSM 250 pumps

Hi all I am writing this posting to share with all an issue that I had with the impellers of brand new Red Sea Pumps: For the fourth time I received a RSM 250 pump with a defective impeller. The first 3 times the pumps affected were the skimmer pumps. All of them were replaced at no cost by...
  6. D

Do you like my new mobile home ?

Hey, buddy would you like to go for a swim.... Enjoy the pictures !!! I took them a couple of weeks ago when visiting a LFS. I though it would be nice to share it..... Daniel
  7. D

NO3 Red Sea Pro test and API test kit....... I need help !!!!

Hi Guys Is there anyone in the forum using the Red Sea Pro NO3 kit ? I have been using the API kit for long time and after reading many threads about SPS and the relation of PO4/NO3 present in the tank, I decided today to buy the more accurate Red Sea NO3 test. I almost passed away...
  8. D

Coral color changed from Green to Yellow on this Bird Nest... Or is bleaching ?

Hi All I was going to wait some more days to post this. But in lieu of an excellent discussion we have today on this thread ( http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/93195-high-low-nutrient-tanks-definition-what-low-high-nutrient-tank.html ) that finished in some comments...
  9. D

HIGH and LOW Nutrient tanks definition....or...What is a LOW and HIGH Nutrient tank ?

Dear All Constantly we read : "you need this XXX level of Ca and Alk if your tank is a Low Nutrient tank, but if it is a high nutrient tank you need these YYYY level of Ca and Alk". I would like to know what are the differences between a low and a high nutrient tank, or how do you define...
  10. D

jellyfish. ..... Amazing !! You have to see this......

Hi all I visited the New England Aquarium in Boston and I found these amazing Jellyfish. They look like....something I never saw in my life. Is a short video with the phone and it came very nice. So I though that it will be nice to share it. Boston Aquarium: http://youtu.be/W0gLmBjPoEA...
  11. D

RSM Full tank videos

Hi all I thought that like the thread with full tank pictures, we can have one with videos. I hope you guys like the idea. Let's do it......here goes the first. http://youtu.be/x6mknQozv8I
  12. D

Global Reef Record......

Very Interesting.......... http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?143016-Global-Reef-Record Daniel
  13. D

Another CHILLER question about compressor. .....

Hi all Thank you for your patience with my chiller questions. Here we go. If the chiller compressor is working and I stop the pump to feed the fish. Do I need to shut-off the chiller ? Or Can I let it continue running ? If I let it run and the pump is off I am assuming that the...
  14. D

Chiller and winter time ..............

Hi All First summer season for my RSM250 is gone. I have followed what many have done. I have my chiller connected to a pump that replaced pump #2. Chiller has done a great job. But now, that fall is here and soon winter, the chiller will not work more.............so here is the question(s)...
  15. D

my Cheato is not growing....

Hi guys My cheato in the refugium is not growing. It had a very well growth during the first 2 months. I had to prune a lot. After that I can see the same amount. Any idea of what is going on ? Thanks Daniel
  16. D

A successful RSM 250 Refugium in the media rack

Hi All When I was planning to buy my RSM 250, I was worried about where I can place a refugium without doing modifications. The only possible place was the media rack chamber. I posted the question "Was it possible?" and the answer was, YES. I only saw a posting where the tank owner placed...
  17. D

Yellow Leather (Finger?) coral for sale

Hi Guys I am not good with corals names. When I got it was a 3" piece of yellow leather coral. Now 1 year and a half later is too big for my 14G Biocube and need to cut it. $30-50 a branch, depending on the branch. I will cut the branch with you. Below you have a picture just taken 10...
  18. D

RSM 250 new Skimmer pump impeller problem

I will start this posting writing that I was contacted VERY FAST by Red Sea Customer Service (USA). I provided all documentation requested to make valid my tank warranty and get a pump replacement. This happens middle of last week. I am waiting now the answer to know if a new pump was shipped...
  19. D

Noisy RSM 250 skimmer pump.........

Hi all I am not sure if this is common or not, but before expending money in a new skimmer pump I would like to know if others had the same issue and how they solved. The tank has been working for 2 months. It is brand new. The skimmer works very well but the pump noise have been...
  20. D

Chillers: is it OK to unplug it in the middle of a cooling cycle ?

Hi Yesterday evening I wanted to do my weekly water change and the chiller started to work when I was going to unplug it. I waited half hour after he stop and did my job. But !!!!! I was wondering if the chiller will be affected if I stop it in the middle of a cooling cycle. I have a JBJ...