Search results

1. D

C-250 - filter media replacement --- SOCKS ?? Filter cup ?

I trashed my RSM 250 foam blocks 6 years ago. You don't need them. And in the media rack space I have bags with Matrix for the last 5-4 years. Forget about the foam blocks. Best Daniel
  2. D

Daniel's tank upgrade to RSM 250

Hi Guys Still alive. Here goes some pictures of the tank today: Best Daniel
  3. D

No. They only survive ~6 months. Changed them several times and stopped. Yes, they add shimmering, but not too noticeable.
  4. D

Thank you guys !!!. But pictures do not show the small details. It is far of being fantastic. But I do not regret what I have done. Thank you again !!!!
  5. D

New skimmer for rsm250

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?threads/daniels-tank-upgrade-to-rsm-250.91241/
  6. D

New skimmer for rsm250

You can read the first pages of my thread. There I describe how I did the RSM250 skimmer set up. Very easy. Since 2014, till today, it has been working perfectly. I never understood why people complained about it. Take a look to what I did and give it a try before expending money. Best ! Daniel
  7. D

These best for a coral tank is to just leave it get it's own equilibrium. I only put my hand inside if there isn't any other way to solve a problem and/or occasionally to prune a coral. I have connected to the DT a 40G breeder that has 70% of its space with Macro Algae and the 30% left with...
  8. D

I was taken a look to my previous last pictures taken a year ago. Corals grew nice. I have a big coral mass growing. Tank isn't perfect. I have a lot of Mohano Wanda's that I try to keep under control, but it is impossible. Then corals compiting each other for space, etc etc. Cheers Daniel
  9. D

Sorry, pictures aren't the best in quality and focus, but gives you an idea of how the tank is doing. Best Daniel
  10. D

Pictures taken ~ August 2019
  11. D

Here you go: Best Daniel
  12. D

RSM250 skimmer updates. Show yours....

Look the first pages of my thread on how to setup the RSM250 skimmer. It is a great skimmer and when it is setup correctly works like a charm. There is no need to change it. Cheers Daniel
  13. D

Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

BTW...the tank in the video looks great. Well done !!!!
  14. D

Thank you !!! We have to remember that we are trying to have corals from all different places that have different conditions (light, flow, nutrients, you mention it) . Yes, we keep our water as nearest as we can with the "Average Ocean Parameters". But a lagoon is different as deep ocean...
  15. D

I stopped measuring all those parameters a few years ago. I Only keep track of Alk for my sps. As it is a 2 part dose I do not measure Calcium. Stability is prime for success. If you feed your tank always the same amount in the same frequency with small variation on the type of food, then you...
  16. D

RSM250 Lighting Ballast Issues

Oxy Last week happened the same to my hood, 2 bulbs stopped working. I took out the hood and hanged an ATI Sunpower dimmable 6x39 W. Corals very happy and myself too. Now I have to built a cover for the back section. I am happy that you solved your issue!!! Best Daniel
  17. D

Continuous water changing set up

You have APEX, so use the Apex DOS for continuous and precise water changes. Best Daniel
  18. D

Pancho’s Reef S-500 Roller Coaster

I always have 6 lines in my tanks and never a problem. The one I have today have been in the tank since the start (2013) and is an excellent guy. Like humans, they are all different :). Cheers Daniel
  19. D

Some pictures