Search results

1. Newjack

Forum error problem.

So I been trying to get back on here but I am having an issue. I keep getting an error, no matter where i go within the forum. Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/reefsanc/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 11 Every page shows that...
  2. Newjack

Caulerpa grape macro Algae solution. Oh. and hi i am back :)

I know i know its been forever sense i have annoyed yall but still been extremely busy. So last problem i had was with caulerpa macro algae.. It got 30 times worse before i found a solution. I am now the father of 9 emerald crabs!!! I trimmed the algae as much as i could and pulled it off...
  3. Newjack

New tank or week vacation?

So my annually paid vacation is coming up and i have been having my company hold all my over time for it. Got about 5 grand coming to me from job. I want to get a bigger tank, I just have the 8gal nano but then im in a real need of a good vacation. Would you buy a new setup or go on a long...
  4. Newjack

Snail just started spawning!! i think?

I am sitting here watch the show chuck and look over and notice a white poof of smoke like stuff in the tank every 20ish seconds. Im looking everywhere for the soure and I found it! Is this snail spawning? I forgot the name of it if someone could refresh me on this. Here is the vid. its really...
  5. Newjack

angler fish

I just saw a short vid of someone having an angler fish in there reef tank... Has anyone every had one? they were feeding it goldfish....
  6. Newjack

Certified Master Electrician here to help!

Some of you may know (but im sure most don't) I am a certified master electrician in 26 stated. If you have any electrical problems or even just curious questions feel free to ask, even if its tank related or not!
  7. Newjack

Chaeto doing something strange. Please look at this!

Ok a while back I got some chaetomorpha macro algae a while back. Now I have looked everywhere for a relevant pic or description of this and cant find anyone even mentioning it. Does it bloom? Today I just noticed when I got home it has little white flower like things on just about every tip has...
  8. Newjack

Recordia splitting and want to trade.

So I have a recordia that started to split a few days ago. I really don't want 2 of the same color. Anyone want to trade local to me for a different color? Shipping would be a waste of money since they don't cost more that 20 bucks.. Here is a pic of it with the 50/50 on. Its a little dull...
  9. Newjack

Hermit with ugly shell + snail with pretty shell=Hermit with prety shell and no snail

ok so about 2 weeks ago I noticed one of my margarita snails grew legs! I was like wtf! its like a teenage ninja mutant snail! I know cool right? That would be cool but not the case. One of the blue/red leg hermits (the largest) took the shell and I never could find the snail without a shell...
  10. Newjack

pulsing xenia diffrent today.

I posted this on another thread that was not 100% relvent but I haven't gotten any answers so im starting this one. We have been having the all 4 seasons in a week weather. Yesterday I got home and it was 75 in the house so I turned the AC on. Last night it got down to 30s and I forgot to...
  11. Newjack

Keeping up with the joneses!

OMG, I just looked outside and saw a delivery truck bringing in 4 sheets of glass and lots of boxed stuff at my neighbors! Could he be getting a huge reef tank? The sheets of glass were at least 5 foot long! Now I am going to have to start shopping for one at least 5'1" long! Every time they...
  12. Newjack

most rarest/expensive you have?

Just curious whats the most rarest/expensive/tressured live item you have/had in your tank i.e. Corals, fish, CUC even? Pics would be great too!
  13. Newjack

Please help! In-tank weirdness going on. Need substance ID and solution please.

Ok so its been a while sense I have updated but then again there really haven't been anything to update about until recently. Everything has been going well and stable, got my nitrate issue finally resolved. A few days a go I notices a sudden increase in algae in my tank especially on the...
  14. Newjack

My trip to the GA Aquarium redone and lots more added!

I posted a vid I made in a hurry and botched it. I then found the rest of my pics and vids so here is the new one. spent all day on it. Had to split into 4 vids because youtube limits and split into 4 post because of RS limits. Enjoy the show and let me know thoughts! Part 1/4...
  15. Newjack

Does the foot grow back or bounce back?

I don't know how you would say it but yesterday at the LFS I was looking around and they had some nems come in. They had a few $20 nems witch to me seemed a little too cheap. one of them looked like there foot was damaged. One of the dudes at LFS said they will grow back to normal. Is this true...
  16. Newjack

My trip to the Atlanta Aquarium!

Was not sure where to post this. Found some videos and pics I took on my Ipad at the Atlanta Aquarium. The quality sucks and I slapped it together but yall should like it. Let me know what yall think. http://youtu.be/-EmwHooscuY
  17. Newjack

Took my mom to her Cancer Treatment Centers of America and this is what i find!

So my mother at 40 years old had breast cancer about 5 years ago. for anyone who knows anything about it she was diagnose with Triple positive, positive for estrogen receptors, progesterone receptors and HER2 stage 3B. She went through the whole shebang and got "everything" chopped off and limp...
  18. Newjack

Why is my clown turning black

So my surviving clown has been turning black. I noticed this started a few weeks ago but I thought maybe it was already like that and have not noticed. Now that I look at him, he has turned even more! Is this normal? If son why is it happening? If not, what do I do and why is it happening...
  19. Newjack

Is it ok to mix the two?

Just wondering is it ok to put a black darwin clownfish and a orange ocellaris clownfish in the same tank?
  20. Newjack

Supplementing corals question.

I have read in a lot of places that you should use supplements like trace elements, iodine and one other I forgot what it was. every coral I look up says to supplement those 3 things. Now I never seen someone or somewhere say you have to supplement. In my own thoughts I think that supplements is...