Search results

1. R

Worm ID

about 1" long
  2. R

What are these?

Have these hard tubes that grow from live rocks, pumps and everything else. Have never known what they are. They are right in the middle of picture coming out of rock. Right above leather coral..
  3. R

Feather Duster moving?

It looks like the clown decided he doesn't like the feather duster. Don't know why after over 2 years together. Put the feather duster to back of tank and it is only coming out at night now. If it starts to come out in the daytime the clown goes after it.
  4. R

Feather Duster moving?

Have had a feather duster in my tank for over 2 years. The crown did not come out of its tube for a couple of days. this morning the tube was laying on top of the sand. A couple of hours later it was a foot away and the crown was out. it has moved twice since then and the crown has not come out...
  5. R

ID This worm?

Pictures are terrible. Have seen these a couple of times and not sure if it is friend or foe. Red worm about 1 inch long on glass.
  6. R

New to the group

Are you dealing with Randy at Randy's Fish Palace? He would be able to help you. He is used to dealing with the Stockton water.
  7. R

Eheim 2000 flow rate?

Just installed a new mini Arctica on my tank. The flow rate for the chiller is 110/160gph. I have a Eheim 2000 pump hooked up. Have it set on min flow 260gph. Have a 3 ft. rise and 1/2 tubing. Anyone know how to figure the flow rate with the 3' rise?
  8. R

Coral ID?

Okay thanks. These things grow like weeds. Time to do some thinning.
  9. R

Coral ID?

Cannot figure out what this coral is.
  10. R

Algae ID

Just added the filefish a few days ago to take care of the aiptasia.
  11. R

Algae ID

Temp 79 Alkalinity 9 Magnesium 1350 Ammonia 0 Calcium 420 PH 8.0 Nitrates 2 Nitrites 0 Phosphates under .25 salinity 1.025 37 gallon aquarium bicolor dotyback, yellow tail damsel, percula clown, 6 line wrasse and filefish. It is growing in a area with very little water...
  12. R

Algae ID

The system is 10 months old. These have been around for a couple of months. They will get thick for awhile and then almost go away.
  13. R

Algae ID

Not sure what this orange algae is.
  14. R

Help with Coral ID

Thanks for the info. This tank is an experiment, so I will let it go and see what it does.
  15. R

Help with Coral ID

Picked this up with some other stuff. Not sure what it is.
  16. R

Pump for chiller

Thanks for the help. The compact+2000 seems to be the right pump, just ordered one.
  17. R

Pump for chiller

I picked up a used coralife 1/10 chiller for my 37g tank. The drop is 4' and the chiller will be about 6' from aquarium stand. The instructions say 200-300gph. So I am figuring a 400-450gph pump will be about right. Any recommendations on a good pump and does 400-450gph seem right?
  18. R

Aqua-Tech filters

Are those cheap aqua-tech filters safe for saltwater? Was at a friends house and saw that he was running one. My concern was the metal shaft and magnet on impeller. Or are they coated to keep the shaft from touching metal?
  19. R

RoyB's 37g tank

Added a Carnation Coral on 2/8, Took out peppermint shrimp, it decided that Duncan coral was good to eat. Replaced Aqueon 55/75 filter with a CPR hob refugium.
  20. R

Carnation Coral?

Saw it at the store a 10 days ago. Listened to the store owner about care of it, if I would have done research before buying would have never picked it up. So far it is looking better in my tank then it did at the store.