Search results

1. dfurbee

Help with MP20, please

I am setting up a SW tank, and using my old equipment. when setting up the MP20 powerhead, the propeller tries to work, but will not. Do I need to order a new wet side for my old MP20? Thanks :help:
  2. dfurbee

I'mmm back!!

My DH just got me another tank, so I can restart another reef :dance: I have been so busy with my PhD, but I do believe that a reef tank in front of the computer will decrease the stress level. Plan to do the bullet-proof reef from GARF. Will post pics along the way :) No plans for fish...
  3. dfurbee

Free MACNA tickets

I can't go :( Have tickets for all 3 days & will give to anyone who wants to go. Just PM me, my loss, your gain :)
  4. dfurbee

VorTech battery backup ?

I just received my battery backup with the 2nd VorTech MP20 & there are no instructions with it. It has 2 power out holes and one power in. Can I hook both of my MP20's to one backup pump? Thanks. I searched with the search button and could not find an answer. Thanks, Deb
  5. dfurbee

starfish question

Will my serpent stars eat peppermint shrimp? I had 5 shrimp, and now have none, do you think they are them? Thanks
  6. dfurbee

Ordered a new toy!

Just ordered a VorTech MP20 for my 55gal. :dance: A Christmas present for the fish :whstlr:
  7. dfurbee

What is eating my toadstool?

Something has ate about 3/4th of my toadstool and taken chunks out of my cabbage coral. I have 2 Clarki clowns, 1 sixline wrasse, 1 yellow tang, and 2 serpent starfish. What or who would be eating them? Thanks
  8. dfurbee

My kenya split..normal??

I noticed that my kenya tree has split into several smaller pieces. Is this a normal way of propogation for them? Thanks, Deb
  9. dfurbee

blue tang died :(

Came homr from work, and my beautiful blue tang was lying on the sand...dead :( :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: did not see anything on it, and my other fish look alright.....wonder what happened??
  10. dfurbee

Help with zoa, please!

A couple of my zoas look like they are ??? What do you think is causing this? Thanks, these are a before and now pics
  11. dfurbee

New corals here!

My Mr. Coral order is here :) I got a ultra rare dragon eye paly blues clues paly frag and 2 blue duncans!! ordered one and one was free!!!! Will post pics when they open, all arrived alive, and some of the paly's are starting to open.
  12. dfurbee

Question about discharge

My cup coral is letting off white stringy, almost web like stuff. What is this? Thanks, in advance, Deb
  13. dfurbee

Found Zoa predator!

I was told that snails could be eating by yellow polyps and zoas. But today, when I was walking by the tank, I found the little bugger!! Mr. Heliacus Areola snail was at work, and caught him!!:rocket:
  14. dfurbee

Help ID spots, please

My turbinaria has some spots on it, just since yesterday. The spots are sort of tan to dark brown, it almost looks like something is eating on it. They are irregular in shape, and some look to be deep into the tissue. Could I have something in the tank eating on it? Or is to worse? Thanks :ponder2:
  15. dfurbee

What is wrong with my angel? HELP!!

My angel has what looks like an abrasion on its side. It was not there this am. Could it be a sting from the long tentacle anemone? It swims real close at times, or is it something else? Thanks for your help. For some reason I am having trouble attaching a pic.
  16. dfurbee

Hello everyone

I joined here a while ago and never posted, so here I am. Have had a SW tank over a year now, and it finally looks nice; had a lot of troubles (you know how one listens to the lfs) Have a 55gal AGA, 60#LR, 60#LS, Eheim 2227 w/d filter, Aqua c remora skimmer, 2Hydro Koralia #2 and 1 MJ 1200,Nova...