Search results

1. Draco

112 New Products at ReefCleaners.org :)

Congrats on expanding! And best of luck! When I finally get my tank upgraded, you will be seeing me!
  2. Draco

Help me pick a light for my nano reef?

I am so confused with all the lighting options out there, I am getting stressed with days of researching and trying to understand the benefits of MH, LED and T5's, wattage, lumins, pars, which is good for corals or not.. my head hurts!! At this point, I want someone to just say "This is the one...
  3. Draco

Draco's 28 JBJ Cube

Wow.. I can't believe its been a year since I've posted here! My tank was doing well, until Nitrate (or was it Nitrite) somehow spiraled out of control back in feb. I lost my sea star.. my urchin suffered, but is doing much better now. I lost all my tiny asteria stars apparently. My tank was...
  4. Draco

Aquamaxx HOB 1 Skimmer- Where to cut?

Hey all, I've purchased an Aquamaxx HOB 1 Skimmer for my JBJ 28 Nanocube.. the thing I need help with is cutting some of the tubing to make it fit properly in my JBJ.. the lid won't open properly since the tubing is blocking it. I don't want to risk cutting the wrong tubing to allow for the lid...
  5. Draco

RO Hose adaptor.. which one?

thank you!! I found something in Home Depot, going to see if it works before I order the one on Amazon
  6. Draco

RO Hose adaptor.. which one?

Hi all, I got this RO yesterday: http://spectrapure.com/RO-RODI/RODI-SYSTEMS/Refurbished-90-GPD-RODI-System and the hose that connects to the faucet only goes to a garden hose. I live in a condo, and while there's a hose I could use.. it's inconvenient. I'd like to hook it up to my sink...
  7. Draco

Draco's Dwarf Seahorse Journal

Thanks for the advice :) I understand the live feedings.. which is something I am going to have to do. I want dwarves because of their smaller size (and restricted space for tank), rather than the larger ones. I def. want tank-raised ponies, no wild caught. Before I get any ponies, I will have...
  8. Draco

Draco's Dwarf Seahorse Journal

I am in the planning stages of owning a pair of Dwarf Seahorses. It's going to be a while before I actually get a pair. There will be no other life, aside from CUC in the tank. I am starting a log of sorts. hope it's the right place? I want to make sure I don't make any mistakes! After reading...
  9. Draco

Attacking Clowns

I have yet tried my turkey baster. They left me alone once.. but attacked the crap out of me when I was trying to move GSP off the main rocks. I know they don't host in there, but geesh they're mean! lol
  10. Draco

Feather Duster or Aiptasia?

I love my little dusters.. I got some appearing too. They're pretty to watch
  11. Draco

Draco's 28 JBJ Cube

Finally got my lightbox completed. added plexi-glass and velcro'd the box to the back of the tank. It was a hunt, but I finally found some chaetos at a LFS. I never knew they'd be hard to find! I took out the sponge. Right now I just have chemi-pure, Phosguard and Chaetos in that compartment...
  12. Draco

Draco's 28 JBJ Cube

I wanted to make a separate post about my upgrade for the fugue in the back. I took a gang box, drilled holes and added a light. I still need to put plexi-glass or something to cover the light to prevent any water from getting inside (I am planning on screwing it down so I can replace bulb as...
  13. Draco

Draco's 28 JBJ Cube

Hi People! Not sure if anyone would actually follow this, but why not. I'll start a new tank thread. I had a 9 gal Ehiem which I've upgraded to a 28 gal JBJ Biocube. Here's my old thread about my 9 gal.. sorry, many images are broken...
  14. Draco

Colt Help?

thanks for the reply! You are right, it does look more like a Sinularia coral. Guess the guys at the LFS had it labeled wrong? I will read up on it and give it more flow. I actually just gave it less flow thinking it was too much. When I get home, I will move it again. poor thing
  15. Draco

Colt Help?

I've moved the Colt to a different part of the tank, further away from the other corals. I've added Chemi-pure and replaced my Skimmer (As the other was unreliable). Hopefully that'll improve conditions a bit more
  16. Draco

Colt Help?

I have a frogspawn below it, about 5 inches down. There's a duncan next to it, which you may be seeing in the photo. It's closed since I had just moved it up a bit No carbon is being run in the tank.. do I need carbon?
  17. Draco

Colt Help?

So, I have this Colt for several months. It was beautiful when I got it.. branched nicely with polyps. Now it's shrunk and no longer branching/polyps. I can't tell if its dead or just hanging on. Water testing shows its all good (I can post results later, i am at work now and can't remember on...
  18. Draco

Attacking Clowns

They have the entire tank to host, lol. nothing in particular they're protecting other than each other and their home. No matter where I moved my hand to, they'd attack. I am going to try feeding at the same time as I need to work the tank, maybe that'll help. Thanks for the tip on finding...
  19. Draco

Attacking Clowns

I don't have a tank thread.. if I do, it's dead, lol. It's a JBJ 29 gal nano cube. nothing fancy about it!I think they're perculas, or false.. or ocelleris.. lol. one of those, I keep forgetting! I thought about putting a pot in the back for them. The only other fish I have in there is a...
  20. Draco

Attacking Clowns

So I have a pair of aggressive clowns in my 29 gal cube. They're so aggressive, that I can't stick my hand in the tank to do what I need to do. They'd bite and hit me over and over.. they've actually broken skin, and I didn't even know that was possible! They just recently got brave enough to...