Search results

1. LakeLivin

Tim's (lakelivin) RSM 500 build

Hey Mike, good to hear from you. I have not really done any serious homework on what type of tank to get. I just started putting out feelers to see if I could find anyone interested in purchasing my current setup and then I will go from there. As you know my RSM 500 has been so heavily...
  2. LakeLivin

Complete MAX-S 500 Setup for sale

Going to look into building a custom tank so I want to sell my entire MAX-S 500 setup including sand, rock, fish and corals. Lot's of other extras as well. Must be willing to travel to my home in Orlando and pack-up and move. I will assist in the break-down and provide technical assistance...
  3. LakeLivin

MAX LED Lighting

Hi Mike, long time no chat. Hope you're doing well. I have to agree with your comment. I was hoping the LED hood would be more like the T-5 hood. I'll stick with my Radions because I see no improvement in looks or performance. Anyone in the market for a black T-5 hood for a MAX-S 500 tank...
  4. LakeLivin

Replacement parts

Hi Glenn, I was not aware that Red Sea sold replacement parts. They certainly don't advertise it. I'll keep this info in mind the next time I need something.
  5. LakeLivin

Replacement parts

Thanks, I'll give them a try.
  6. LakeLivin

Replacement parts

Can anyone tell me where I can order a new float valve replacement kit for the MAX-s 500 auto top off system? Red Sea's website is no help when trying to locate and purchase replacement parts for their tanks. In the past I have used aquariumpart.com as they carry a lot of stuff for Red Sea...
  7. LakeLivin

MAX LED Lighting

My understanding was a couple months ago that the LED hoods for the MAX S tanks were in prep mode for limited shipping. I have not heard or to be honest spent any time looking for more information since. I took the T5 hood off my 500 MAX S almost a year ago and mounted Radion 30W pros...
  8. LakeLivin

S500 particals in water

I had a similar problem that was compounded by the fact that I run an almost powder fine white sand. Frankly, I think the Max S series pumps are just too much flow with little to no control to tame them. I stopped using them all together and replaced them with 2 MP40 QD pumps. If you are not...
  9. LakeLivin

BRS Dual Reactor Placement in RSM S500

I use a mini BRS that I just drop inside the sump. However, if I used the dual BRS I would set them outside the sump in the front. Should not be a problem with door closing properly and would provide easy access to replace media.
  10. LakeLivin

MAX LED Lighting

Thanks for the info Kev, I'll be interested to see all the specs dimensions and details of these new kits for MAX-S series tanks. From what little I've seen I assume they will not be APEX controllable at least in the beginning. Are there plans to change that in the future or is the only...
  11. LakeLivin

Hey Daniel, I just buy a number of different kinds of pellet food designed for all types of fish. Right now I have been feeding them a mixture of foods from New Era, New Life Spectrum and a pellet that Neptune Systems sells that they designed for use in their feeder. I try to buy pellets...
  12. LakeLivin

Hello all, it's been awhile since updating my thread so I thought I would provide an overview of my build and it's progress for those interested. Questions and comments welcomed. It's been over 5 months now since I started doing automatic continuous water changes (3 gallons per day) and the...
  13. LakeLivin

Need supplier advice for replacement tubing

Thanks guys, I'll have a look around at some of the local supply stores. I agree and will avoid clear tubing. I found one website that sells replacement parts for RedSea tanks but they do not carry everything. It's a shame Redsea does not seem to direct sell anything and we are left to...
  14. LakeLivin

Need supplier advice for replacement tubing

Hello everyone, I want to replace the gray tubing that goes to the auto top off on my Max-S series tank. To ensure I get the correct type and diameter size I was hoping someone can provide me a link to an online supplier where I can order some. Thanks!
  15. LakeLivin

Choff's Modified RSM650 Reef Chronicle

Hang in there Mike, you know this hobby pretty much inside and out so I know it's just a matter of finding the time to get it done and you will.
  16. LakeLivin

Good to hear from you Mike! My tank is doing great and my only real problem is some of my corals and polyp colonies are getting too big. I'm torn between deciding to just let them go and let the strongest survive or attempting to "trim" some of the bigger stuff. I'll probably opt for the...
  17. LakeLivin

Thanks Glenn, I'll check out that link. When I click in the URL IMG box on photobucket to copy the image link it automatically "copies" the data with one click. It does not allow me to right click and copy. I have a few hobbies so I participate in a number of car, boat and other reef forums...
  18. LakeLivin

OK, I'm lost... I use a Mac and post my pictures using photobucket. I single click in the img string box and it automatically copies the string. I come here and click on the portrait icon and paste the string just like I do on other forums and it does not work. Any advice?
  19. LakeLivin

Let's try this again. I just posted this pic of my new 2016 650i to the BMW forum I'm a member of and it worked so we will see how it does here. [/URL]
  20. LakeLivin

I'm using photobucket and have been doing it the same way for years on forums. I'm heading to the airport to pick-up some out of town guests but I will experiment when I get time and see if I can figure out why the links I'm copying from photobucket are not translating properly here anymore.