Search results

1. ScubaDrew

STT to VT

Just a couple quick photos for the record:
  2. ScubaDrew

Gorilla Crab Life?

Anyone have an idea how long these crabs might live in the wild? Lost my 3 year old friend a few days ago... Thanks! Drew
  3. ScubaDrew

A 55G link in the Golden Chain

wow jeff - my clowns don't do anything like that! very cool.
  4. ScubaDrew

A 55G link in the Golden Chain

Tank looks great Jeff! Congrats! Drew
  5. ScubaDrew

STT to VT

Here is a photo of the bottom of my sump. Unexplained crack appears to start right below where the filter sock sits and runs down the middle of the tank to the other end. My best guess is that the vibration from the mag18 pump caused this crack. I'll use some plastic lighting material...
  6. ScubaDrew

STT to VT

Well it has been almost a year since the main tank leak happened. This morning I woke up to a wet floor again and came to find my sump had cracked. Here are some photos of the display tank leak and replacement... took about 8 hours.
  7. ScubaDrew

Varga's 94 Gallon Cube

Hey Varga! just read all 11 pages straight through - very cool. what plans did you use for the stand? thanks, Drew
  8. ScubaDrew

STT to VT

Thanks guys, I've got 20 gallons of RO on hand, and will start mixing fresh salt as asap. I'll let you know what happens.
  9. ScubaDrew

STT to VT

My tank has a leak. It is behind the lower bezel and I cannot locate the source. It is dripping out of the right front corner about a drip every 3 seconds. I ordered a new tank. It cost me a fortune. It gets here in about 40 hours. Think it will hold?
  10. ScubaDrew

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin I've had a bad time with random spraying from my ATS. I tried the garbage bag draped over the top of the bar, but still had issues. I have to admit that my space is limited and the ATS is within 3 inches...
  11. ScubaDrew

Mangrove in Refugium?

I used to have them and would just keep cutting the top bud off.. no problems encountered.
  12. ScubaDrew

HMA’s 115 gal. Reef Tank

Heinz, I book marked your article for reference should I see any of these symptoms in my corals - thank you for continuing to share this valuable information! Drew
  13. ScubaDrew

BigAl's slow chronicle . . .

Hey Al, funny - I've been looking at chillers all day! My living room is way to large and open to try and AC... i'm evaporating so much water the power strips are all wet and actually tripped the GFCI! I'm glad your back in action - tank temp def a huge problem w/ the algae in my experience also.
  14. ScubaDrew

HMA’s 115 gal. Reef Tank

Made a special trip to RS just to see your update Heinz. Thank you for continuing to share! Drew
  15. ScubaDrew

Urchins

my urchin (tuxedo) does nothing with hair, cyno algae. eats the coralline only....
  16. ScubaDrew

duncan placment?

Glad your duncan opened up. try feeding it little bits of shrimp and clam. these things eat like crazy!! Mine went from 3 heads to 30 in 14 months!
  17. ScubaDrew

Dentoid's Reeforama

That is the best looking anem I've ever seen Scott - what an awesome color!
  18. ScubaDrew

Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

Hey Doni, I've really enjoyed this thread! Congrats on your new breeding pair. My parents were in town last week and while showing them my tank guess what we found?! My clowns were spawning at that very moment! Unfortunately I just don't think I have time to setup a breeding tank, although...
  19. ScubaDrew

Only If You Have A Qt

what happened bob?
  20. ScubaDrew

STT to VT

Hey Craig - glad you asked! I'll try and get around to taking some this week. Check back in a couple days. I really want to do a comparison shot of my birds nest, i think the growth has been outstanding! Drew