Search results

1. reefle

The Coral Reef Bar. Open for Business!

@SPR 160 gallon up top 30 gallon refugium gravity fed into a 40 gallon sump footprint is 48x48x16
  2. reefle

@Pat24601 building the stand took me about a week. my timeline is a little off above. as I was cycling I put together the laminate top, the canopy, painting, etc.
  3. reefle

9/15 to 10/1 added fish friends and some small frags. 10-1 to present got a couple more radions, vortechs, also took a breakdown tank from someone on cragslist and added his family to mine!
  4. reefle

8/10-8/24 Creating Dryrock, putting up cabinet doors, Painting, Repainting, Setting up electronics 8/24-9/14 Rock Setup and Cycling
  5. reefle

Hey guys, I figured it would be a good time to show my custom tank build to the world! im just a hobbyist with no professional building experience so please bare with me. almost everything I did was from youtube or googling. hope you enjoy! 8/1-8/10 building the stand, sump, setup...
  6. reefle

It's been a while guys! (new questions)

Hey Yall, After breaking down my previous tank, I am ready to start a new one! its a cool 4x4x16" rimless. It's in it's own fish room and the stand will double as a bar. I'll start a chronicle for it, but I have a couple questions first. So currently the ceiling has a fan/light on it and is...
  7. reefle

VOTE for August 2015's TOTM!

hahahaha yessir! and I don't think it matters if you've contributed a lot or not. I haven't done anything super special either. I think if you work hard on your tank and have a picture of it, it deserves to be showcased. That's what this site is about anyways, to share our experiences with...
  8. reefle

VOTE for August 2015's TOTM!

WOW....I have literally not been on reef sanctuary in 4-5 months. I randomly decided to check it out today. I also randomly decided to look at THIS months TOTM post. Lo and Behold There is a super old picture of my tank. So sad I didn't know about this or I would have put a better one :'( Can...
  9. reefle

what's your favorite powerhead

I like Jebao. Great stuff for the money
  10. reefle

Wrangy's 50 Gallon ZEOvit Rebirth

I really like these pics. It's so eerie looking....spooky yet cool. Kinda something I'd expect to see deep in the ocean.
  11. reefle

Phosphates and filtration

GFO is great at removing hair algae. So is Vodka dosing. It helped me get rid of hair algae and cyano.
  12. reefle

Tangerine's 35gal Cube!

I love zoas...you dont know how jealous I am that you can just find them in Hawaii and pluck em up!!! very awesome pics! keep it up!
  13. reefle

Full-Tank Friday!

Heres my 125!! :)
  14. reefle

An automatic Glass Cleaner....for all 4 sides!!! :O

Remember how I posted about robosnail but there was the issue of cleaning all four sides of the tank?? apparently this has been in development and hopefully gets released soon!! The only issue I see with this is that it is bulky and probably cant reach the back walls if there are overflows...
  15. reefle

Aquarium In Apartment?

Yes ask about that and the sub flooring. Mines concrete as well and I therefore I felt safter. Still put it in a corner so there's more support though.
  16. reefle

I really really want this done to one of my floors....

http://www.topdreamer.com/awesome-bathroom-3d-floor-designs/
  17. reefle

Denitrification coil

ahhh I see seems like at a drop per second, you'd be denitrfying about one gallon of water every 25 hours :lurk: haha
  18. reefle

Denitrification coil

have you tried openning it up to a steadier flow and seeing what happens?
  19. reefle

skimmer setting wet or dry?

I tried biopellets for 6 weeks and it didnt work for me. flow might have been too slow but I used the recommended BRS equipment. Instead I'm not using a whole bunch of Seachem matrix and vodka dosing. Within 2 weeks, I dropped my nitrates and it's been pretty good ever since.