Search results

1. tbittner

The 180gal Family Project

Everything looks great! How high are the lights from the surface of the water? They look pretty high. I don't think it matters too much since you have good lights though. Just curious.
  2. tbittner

My slow 135g build

I agree, 24 hours is good, 48 is better. I think it also depends on what salt your using. When I used IO, it was completely disolved in about 6 hours. The Reef Crystals I'm using now takes darn near 48 hours before it's clear. I don't want to put undisolved salt particles into the water...
  3. tbittner

Terry's 450g upgrade

I got the CL plumbing pretty much figured out. I installed the gate valves on each of the holes and closed them so I'm almost ready to start adding water. I want to install the locline fittings inside the tank before doing that though because it would be miserable trying to install them after...
  4. tbittner

Varga's 300 Gallon In-Wall Build!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if you got tank bred and raised mandarins... :dunno: There are a couple of people who have been successful of breeding them and raising the fry. Maybe they're starting to sell them.
  5. tbittner

Terry's 450g upgrade

Each light has 4 LEDs with replaceable covers to change the color of the light. They include blue and white covers. They're by no means top of the line lights but I think they will work perfectly for the predator tank. They can also sit end to end because the fans are out the rear in the...
  6. tbittner

Althea's 90 Gallon.....

You're welcome. Hopefully it all worked for you. :)
  7. tbittner

My slow 135g build

I'd only worry about the snails if they are served under cooked.
  8. tbittner

The Bluespot Club

No! Sausage and eggs. Or at least, Bacon and eggs. How about waffles with strawberry jelly and whipped cream? (oh jeez, now I'm hungry... THANKS!!!) :lol:
  9. tbittner

LMAO!!!! I'm seriously rolling here! :LOL:
  10. tbittner

A new way to chronicle

When it's set to Favor Motion, it really looks great! It's more of a live feed then and I can see the fish actually swimming, instead of snapshots. Very cool!!! I'll have to have a chat with you so you can help me set this up for my tanks too. :D What internet service do you have? I'm...
  11. tbittner

Terry's 450g upgrade

We got the tank cleaned out this evening. We also got the drain pipe completed. Once I get the CL pipes run and get the unionized ball valves installed, then I can start to fill the tank. That will take a while as I'm going to fill it with RO/DI saltwater so I'll be adding 360g of clean water...
  12. tbittner

My slow 135g build

I ordered two of these to light the predator tank. Granted, I'm not going to try to grow corals under them but I bet I could if I didn't have fish that would EAT the corals before they had a chance to grow. :D
  13. tbittner

I bought a 360g glass, with 3/4" glass and all sorts of extra bracing, shipped, for $2500, which included glass tops, holes drilled, and heavy duty bulkheads. That is STILL a heck of a lot more than you paid. :D But mine will be viewable from 3 sides though.
  14. tbittner

Althea's 90 Gallon.....

Put the tube through the nut. Slide the brass ring onto the tube and have about 1/4" sticking out the other end. Then tight the nut onto the spigot end. Use a wrench to tighten it snug but don't over tighten it because it will compress the tube so much that water won't be able to get through.
  15. tbittner

The Clam Chronicle - Hold on Gary, we're going for a ride!

That is THE wildest fish I've ever seen!!! It's amazing how he "walks". It really looks like he has legs!
  16. tbittner

Althea's 90 Gallon.....

my head hurts....
  17. tbittner

My 200gl

As hard as it is to believe, eggcrates holes are just too big to act as a top. Hopefully you'll find the other one.
  18. tbittner

That's actually a little misleading because that price includes all the plumbing and everything to get it up and running too.
  19. tbittner

Terry's 450g upgrade

I don't know if they would be willing to come to your house and build a room aquarium. But for enough money.... :lol:
  20. tbittner

Terry's 450g upgrade

Thanks Doni. Another bit of information that might be of interest, I designed it so that I can tweak the bolts at anytime in the future too. I left just enough room to get between the leg and the floor to get a wrench in there. So if they were sitting on carpet, the bolts could be adjusted as...