Search results

1. A

Anthony's RSM 250

Hope everyone is doing well - figured I'd update w/ some pics, since it's been awhile… Just been crazy busy with work.
  2. A

Anthony's RSM 250

hi all - been awhile since my last update - things are growing very nice and the water is clear as ever :) can you help me ID these white spots on side of the frag disk? they are everywhere including rocks and snailshells… here is my latest full tank shot
  3. A

pistol shrimp

pretty small it was in a cerith shell - maybe it took it for decoration - yep it's a tiger pistol shrimp - it's paired with my yellow watchman goby - when i put nori on the sanded the goby will take a bite out of it and bring it back to burrow to give to the shrimp… pretty cool to watch them...
  4. A

pistol shrimp

do pistol shrimps eat hermit crabs? I just saw him take one of the hermit crabs hostage into the burrow…
  5. A

DianaKay's RSM 250

congrats Diana - I know the Mandarin is in good hands…
  6. A

DianaKay's RSM 250

i may have to make a deal with the LFS… haven't really death with them to date so hopefully these guys are cool...
  7. A

DianaKay's RSM 250

oh no - i have one in my tank - he's about 2 inches right now and so far doing well… how big was yours Diana? maybe I should also start looking for a new home for him as well before he gets too big
  8. A

Anthony's RSM 250

Hi All, still have issues with cloudy water - did 10 gallon WC yesterday and 5 gallon today… do you think if I ran the water through 100 micron filter sock it would help get rid of the cloudy water - almost like a sump - where i have water pump out on one end through filter sock and and have...
  9. A

Anthony's RSM 250

so will the algae bloom run it's course?? or should I think about getting a UV sterilizer??
  10. A

Anthony's RSM 250

Hey Glenn - yes the glass is clean… i just did a 10 gallon water change and put extra floss pads in the media basket… hope it goes away sooner rather than later… Also when can i expect to see coralline algae to appear??
  11. A

Anthony's RSM 250

thanks greg will do - besides looking disgusting all the livestock seem to be doing well if not enjoying it...
  12. A

Anthony's RSM 250

it looks like there are fine "detritus" floating around everywhere
  13. A

Anthony's RSM 250

yes it does - put in fresh floss yesterday
  14. A

Anthony's RSM 250

i'm currently doing weekly 5 gallons here is a pic today - it's actually getting worse - the funny thing is the corals seems to be thriving - my toadstool which didn't open for about week decided to come out today
  15. A

Anthony's RSM 250

woke up this morning and the water is still cloudy despite changing media and floss… is this part of young tank syndrome? wondering if a good water change might do the trick… how frequently can I change the water without doing harm
  16. A

Anthony's RSM 250

ok thanks greg… i changed the media filter earlier today and the water is looking much better already - hopefully it'll be crystal clear tomorrow
  17. A

Anthony's RSM 250

awesome thanks for advice about detritus on back tank… I also have a 10 gallon ATO reservoir which i refill once a week - could the water there be going "stale" and contributing to it??
  18. A

Anthony's RSM 250

Hey Diana - i'm using purigen and chemipure elite as everyone recommended… it began to get cloudy before I reworked my rocks cape… I guess I will try switching out the filter media and see if this helps but it's only been two months and I know ppl here recommend use of 3-4 months
  19. A

Anthony's RSM 250

I'm having some issues with the water clarity - past couple days it's gotten significantly more cloudy… My water parameters are good w/ near zero NO2 readings (at least below 5 per API) and I do weekly water changes (5 gallons per wk) and I change the filter pad every few days...the tank is now...
  20. A

DianaKay's RSM 250

your scan garden is looking beautiful… do you have them attached to a rock or on sandbed?