Search results

1. Wolffman64

quiet skimmer for RSM 400

I replaced mine in my RS500 quite a while ago with this: http://www.fish-street.com/coral_box_d700_dc_skimmer. It is quiet and skims brilliant and consistently. Very good skimmer, very easy to maintain. And when you then add the great price, you can't go wrong :cheers:
  2. Wolffman64

And it starts... 150g in-wall

Not that I'm an expert in any way, but I had a similar problem on a much smaller scale with several SPS a couple of months ago. I have since then started GlennF's method (DSR) and the slow dying off has stopped and almost all of the affected SPS, and most have recovered quite a bit. The...
  3. Wolffman64

December 2014 TOTM!

Big congrats! Fantastic Tank!
  4. Wolffman64

Oxy's RSM250

Congratulations on the TOTM, very well deserved!! Loved the pic sequence of the clowns, really cool!
  5. Wolffman64

Wrangy's 50 Gallon Reef Cube

You can also get a sea cucumber for your sandbed. I got one a couple of months ago, since my 2 Conch couldn't keep the sand clean, and I also had to vacuum the top sand every WC. The cucumber is now huge, I have seen him stretch to over 60cm, and the sand is now crystal white, almost cleaner...
  6. Wolffman64

Wolffman64's RSM500

will try this weekend
  7. Wolffman64

Wolffman64's RSM500

well, I have gone the other way now, since I have started the DSR method (GlennF), and therefore test more parameters, and subsequently dose more additives. On the other hand, I have NO WC, and therefore only need to produce RO/DI for the ATO. The most important change though, is that I can...
  8. Wolffman64

My 120 Gallon Project - First Timer !

Looking great, looking forward to following your updates!
  9. Wolffman64

Parisian's RSM 400

Hmmm, I also have problems viewing the start page of RS all of a sudden........
  10. Wolffman64

Parisian's RSM 400

Strange, I can't see any of these images???
  11. Wolffman64

█▀▀▀▀ The Final Reef ▀▀▀▀█ Tn's S650 Adventure.

Oh Yeah, massive algae problems! Wait, I think I saw one spore up there in the corner.... nope it's gone now...:laugh: Stunning tank mate, love the colours!
  12. Wolffman64

Seth's RSM 500

That's bad mate, but if the BTA took it, it must have been something wrong with it. Doesn't make it less sad though...
  13. Wolffman64

Joey's RSM 650 Tank Thread

I haven't got a QT either, but I really wish I had place for one. When it comes to acclimatising, I always drip acclimatise fish and invertebrates, you shouldn't really take any shortcuts there. When it comes to corals, I just put them straight into the tank (after dipping them). My logic is...
  14. Wolffman64

GlennF's reefing heaven!

Jeez, you have more frags than I have corals in my tank! LOL
  15. Wolffman64

Wolffman64's RSM500

Cheers mate, happy birthday to you too!! I've had the LED for quite a while, and all the corals were thriving after I changed to LED, and I actually had increased growth, but I don't know at the moment. Feels like I'm clutching for straws.... I started with all the testing to swap to DSR...
  16. Wolffman64

Wolffman64's RSM500

that's interesting. Red Sea tells you to dose Alk before Ca. Does it matter which order you do them?
  17. Wolffman64

Wrangy's 50 Gallon Reef Cube

I finally bought a foxface, and I really love him/her. It still has small posturing fights with the blue and yellow tangs, but nothing serious and it's just a bit of establishing ranks now. No injuries, and they swim along most of the time. I was worried about it maybe nipping at corals, but...
  18. Wolffman64

Tim's (lakelivin) RSM 500 build

Tim, tank looking great! The mounts looks really cool. LED's make such a big difference in temperature from T5's. You will love the shimmer after a while when you get used to it.
  19. Wolffman64

Choff's RSM 650 Build

Can't you start your own fish daycare (like daddy daycare or whatever the movie was called) and people can drop off their tanks at your place in the morning and you can spend all day looking at tanks..
  20. Wolffman64

Joey's RSM 650 Tank Thread

Lol mate, have you opened a can of worms!! :laughroll I do love some of Apple's products (have had iPhone and iPod's since they were first released) and I fully agree that they have a great interface, are nice to work with, but when it comes to pure processing power, grunt, versatility and...