Search results

1. brackish10

cycle for upgrade?

I am moving soon and i happened across a 25g tank that holds water at a garage sale. Now that ive tested it, i want to set it up once i get moved into the new place (in less than a month). my question is, could i feasibly line it with live sand, then add some live rock from my lfs and add my own...
  2. brackish10

small white spirils on glass and black wall

that is 100 percent them. thank you. I'll let then stay. I've been allowing anything natural to stay and do its thing in my tank. i have at least 2 large bristleworms in my refugium. and I've had a random macro algae come full bloom in the dt. I've identified it as "dragons breath" it stays. Its...
  3. brackish10

small white spirils on glass and black wall

the title says it. im just wondering what they are. they seem immobile, varying in size but not larger than 1/16th of an inch. most are around 1/32 of an inch. it started with a few about a 2 months ago, but now my back wall is almost 1/3 these white spirils. are they harmful? should i do...
  4. brackish10

help. my condy anemone wont eat

thanks. and yes it is the fluval. my studies of the condy showed that it didn't need as intense of lighting. about that which can sustain lps. my Frogspawn is kickin so I'm guessing three lighting is fine.
  5. brackish10

yes i did. am i supposed to be thawing it in tank water? they said its what they do.
  6. brackish10

i got it a couple weeks ago. i gave it a few days to get used to the new tank. i feed it frozen silver sides because i was told that's what was Fed at the store. it grabbed a whole one, put it in its mouth for a minute, then basically spat it it and left it alone. so a couple days later, i tried...
  7. brackish10

Ugly tank syndrome

My reef is about 6 months along and going through uts... I use ro water mixed with io reef crystals. 2x a week water changes (10% each). heres pictures. any suggestions? my water params are perfect.
  8. brackish10

pod factory?

actually, I'm planning a move. so I'll be tearing down my tank in about 4 months. the fiscoral will have a new home here and I'll be setting up a 30 or (wife allowing) 75. though I'll probably have a20 on the side for a nem and clown. I'll be dedicating the larger tank to coral. i got my...
  9. brackish10

pod factory?

i have an overall system volume of 6.5g. 1g is the refugium. i have cheato in 2/3s of it and rock rubble in the rest. could that produce enough pods to sustain my 1fancy perc clown?
  10. brackish10

bubbles on rock

all of the apparent brown in my tank is actually green when under only white lights.
  11. brackish10

bubbles on rock

upon further investigation I've found it to be just nuisance algae. im thinking about more snails. perhaps another 4 astreas. unfortunately, skimming is something id like to do, but lack real estate. the biocube protein skimmer i got takes up way too much space. im working on selling it locally...
  12. brackish10

nuklear palys have bubble over mouth?

the title ise best description i can give. heres a crappy cell phone pic. my question is, what causes it? should i be stressing?
  13. brackish10

bubbles on rock

seems like the nice way of saying I'm screwed. but thank you.
  14. brackish10

bubbles on rock

is this amount of bubbles on my lr normal? it seems to happen every day in the late afternoon. and in the spot that is most under direct light. or could it be attributed to the brown algea that is on my rocks? Also, my tank is outlined in my signature, would it be ok to add an algea feeder...
  15. brackish10

new light upgrade to finnex ray 2 50/50?

thank you.
  16. brackish10

Josh's 5g pico with Flual Spec V

Good news, my fears were for not.my clown is acting normal and has been for a while. even trained to come to the surface when the glass is tapped.
  17. brackish10

water change amount

everything else is flourishing. i changed lights recently (few weeks) and it hasnt responded well. the gsp is half covered with what appears to be a brown/red algea. and a fairly thick l;ayer. the parts not covered open, but im not really sure about how to remove the algea... i tried picking it...
  18. brackish10

new light upgrade to finnex ray 2 50/50?

Im looking to upgrade my lighting again. This caught my eye on amazon. customer comments seem to appeal, but they can be faked. it is listed as having 10000k/Actinic Dual LED Strips over 15 Watts: 144 HO LEDs would this be sufficient for lps and maybe sps in the future? i use a similar...
  19. brackish10

water change amount

i am noticing one troubling factor in my tank, in the last 2 days, my gsp hasnt opened fully. i get like 6-10 individual heads open, but thats it. normally, its the first thing to open.
  20. brackish10

water change amount

i think ill just stick with whats working