Search results

1. Akshay

Aks reef

The reef tank has been closed down a few years ago. :( The FOWLR has been converted to a planted tank with guppy, neons & cherry shrimps. Apart from that have a few kois. Just did not have the time to do justice to them. Everything was donated to friends. So the clown pair is still alive and...
  2. Akshay

Aks reef

By far one of my fav fish... always out and about and never shy of humans approaching their space! They are the reason I got in this in the first place and now they are the reason why I am still keeping the tank going. Anyways having a problem feeding a female sunset anthias (Pseudanthias...
  3. Akshay

Feeding Advice

For me its usually one or sometimes two feeds a day. As I have a lot of anthias, the same quantum of food is divided over 2-3 feeds from early morning to noon. Clowns and tangs have no problem with one feed a day. I have a breeding pair of clowns and they are all on this system. Tangs are...
  4. Akshay

Aks reef

Some new feeding videos from today morning. System is still the same except that the LED floods have been replaced with some regular 3w LED fixtures, it should be about 9-10 months now. And the sump was completely overhauled to a new one with reduced water level to improve the skimmer's...
  5. Akshay

GlennF's reefing heaven!

Hey Glen... more tank pics pls. Not much time for RS these days, but whenever I log in, I always luv checking out ur tank pics.. :)
  6. Akshay

Clownfish eggs!!!!!!!

So... been off RS for a while.. actually pretty much tired of this hobby as absolutely no time, but everythings been going on auto and am not bothering with much, so what the heck. Anyways its about an year into with these guys, so a quick update. Had a final count of about 15 adults, gave...
  7. Akshay

A Picture A Day......

In the wild they r usually found hanging upside down in the entry to cave ceilings, ledges, etc.. receiving lil to no light and very minimal "food" per se maybe through water swirling in the caves or whatever is burrowed out from the rock face by burrowing creatures. That said I do think they...
  8. Akshay

Blue Spot Jawfish - Opistognathus rosenblatti

So....... did u manage to raise some fry? this is gonna be a sweet thread to follow :)
  9. Akshay

Diving Bucket List

Hahaha, that's sad... I have a few diving buddies going there this August aswell & am gonna miss it coz have to tour some LatAm countries. Hopefully get to go in Sept. when and if they plan a return trip! Any idea of what the dive scene is like in El Salvador and Gautemala?
  10. Akshay

Diving Bucket List

For now these would be my top 5... 1. Raja Ampat 2. Maldives - Southern Atols 3. Layang Layang 4. Palau 5. Philippines - Apo Island, Cebu, Palawan Hopefully I get to do one of these in Sept this year.
  11. Akshay

Clownfish eggs!!!!!!!

Well approaching a month now... Both stripes in and some are looking like proper clowns now. Was cleaning the tank, so took this feeding video. Fun to watch em jiggy together in a shoal like that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G92fjgPZ6OY
  12. Akshay

Tankmate for sixline wrasse and cleaner shrimp and corals

How about some kind of Firefish?
  13. Akshay

A Picture A Day......

Beautiful fish
  14. Akshay

A Picture A Day......

Awesome words Iamonlyme :)
  15. Akshay

Brine Shrimp

Brine shrimp are the easiest to grow.. have em growing in the 500ml coke bottles for the clown babies. Putting live ones in the fuge isnt gonna help, even if flow is low. Problem is they tend to congregate towards light, so will eventually go to the top and will be skimmed away. This is...
  16. Akshay

GlennF's reefing heaven!

Hey Glenn, did I ever say how beautiful your tank looks? :) The system just looks better every time you post pics. Would luv to take a stopover in the Netherlands, just to see your tank.
  17. Akshay

Which tank do you like best?

Old school any day, looks like a natural shallow reef. The new tank is too flashy & very unnatural. Don't like the purple light hues, it gets blue not purple as you dive deeper. Also do not like such super clean tanks. IMO if you want to keep something so clean, where a natural look is...
  18. Akshay

The rest of the story.

No no.... pls do share... I've seen this kinda crab come in one of my systems once. This could be like a good photo guide to idnetify pests.
  19. Akshay

Clownfish eggs!!!!!!!

Feeding video.. These guys can really hog it out, just look at their full fat bellies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4YknpDAalU