Search results

1. Susan987

Anenome crab removal

I have an anenome crab on a piece of rock I want out of my display tank. I cannot get the crab off the rock, and I do not want to hurt him. Does anyone have a suggestion?
  2. Susan987

Added a new sump and everything is dying

I have a 90 gallon reef and have had a happy and thriving tank for years. I recently switched out my 40 gallon sump to a 75 gallon sump and I thought it is going to be like a big water change. I added supplements coral food and my corals are dying. My pH is 7.2 (I know a little low), Kh 8...
  3. Susan987

Sick fairy wrasse

I have a sick fairy wrasse. He has been looking a little tired for a couple of weeks, noticed a scratch on him, but thought it was just swimming in my rock. This afternoon, while doing water change, he really behaved like he is sick. He is not swimming around as he normally does and his...
  4. Susan987

Cannot grow chaeto in my sump

I need some direction or suggestions. I have a 90 gallon reef tank with a 30 gallon sump. In my sump I have mechanical filtration and a protein skimmer in the first chamber, a refugium in the second, and then the return pump. Over my refugium is a flourescent 3300K light. Per Mr. Saltwater...
  5. Susan987

New LED lighting

So I made the purchase and bought AI's LED lights. I realize that I will need to remove the cover of my current 90 gallon tank to hang the new lights from the ceiling. My concern is I have some fish which may jump. I already had one of my scissortail fish jump from the main tank to the...
  6. Susan987

help with new orange firefishes

I have had an established tank for over 2 years. I rearranged the rock yesterday and introduced two orange firefish. Today, I cannot find one and another one is hiding in rock. All of my other fish, including chalk bass, watchman, fairytale wrasse have shown some aggression, which I'm not...
  7. Susan987

aiptasia in my overflow

I have a 90 gallon reef with an overflow. I noticed some algae at the top and when I went to remove it manually, I saw not just one aiptasia, but multiple. I applied some AiptasiaX to a few, which did help, but there are so many and they go down to the bottom of the tank, I can't reach them...
  8. Susan987

Bubble algea?

Question: I've had some green algae on my return hose in my 90 gallon aquarium. I read that algae is good for nitrate control, etc. so I left it alone. I have started noticing clear bubbles in the algae. It does not look like bubble algae but I don't know what else it may be. Any...
  9. Susan987

Something is eating my shrimp

I am new to Reef Chronicles, but have had a reef tank for about a year. I recently upgraded from 50 gal to 90 gal with sump. I bought live rock at LFS, and since then, I have lost all of my shrimp except my pistol. I have seen something red and white that looks like the leg of a brittle star...
  10. Susan987

Just started a sump and a little overwhelmed

Hi, my name is Susan and I have upgraded from a 55 gal to a 90 gal and added a sump. I have live rock, corals and fish, everything looks really good, except my nitrates are getting up there. They drop quickly after water changes, but does anyone have any other suggestions?