Search results

1. kathywithbirds

Wait... have I been here before?

Actually we're going to take the darn thing down again. We started the 25g (my MACNA raffle win :) a little after we got to MD. Mike's got 4 nems in there plus a gold stripe maroon and a sexy shrimp. I'll try to get a pic. We offered the contents to my sister's boyfriend but he's an...
  2. kathywithbirds

Yeah, I'm having deja vu.
  3. kathywithbirds

Really??? It's been THREE YEARS since I posted? I was in a time warp. Met The Doctor. Yeah. That's it.
  4. kathywithbirds

carpet anemones

Is that a gigantea? Not a haddoni? Cool. The gigantea has spots... uh... somewhere. I forget.
  5. kathywithbirds

QOTW, Allen's on Vacation Edition....

My queen conch. She was my favorite critter in there. .... I miss my tanks :(
  6. kathywithbirds

What do you do for vacation?

What is this vay kay shun you speak of?
  7. kathywithbirds

Sas's cesspool

Time for a coris wrasse. I think my copperband ate them too but I never ascertained that.
  8. kathywithbirds

TINY koi pond filter?

He he he.... this is how we ended up with a 75g tank.... I can't really go huge, we're renting and it has to be some kind of tub setup. But yes on the koi, I know they get big... what kind of fish can I put in 30g-ish tub? Comets? They have to be fairly hardy but I'll be pulling them inside...
  9. kathywithbirds

TINY koi pond filter?

So now that we have a nice backyard I want to do a tub koi pond, about a 25g tub I think, but the pond filters out there are minimum 1000gph jobbies. Anybody got some cool DIY or mod ideas?
  10. kathywithbirds

Happy Birthday Sasquatch.

58??? Ya old fart. Happy Birthday!!!!
  11. kathywithbirds

Tribal blenny is out of control

You know, I was going to make some joke about a tribal blenny - do they have armbands? - but then I googled them and THEY DO HAVE TRIBAL MARKINGS!! Cool!!!!!! I had a flame tail and he was the same way. Acted like a clown almost.
  12. kathywithbirds

The Maryland 2.5 pico

Hm. I see coralline already. Spreading purple. Along with the brown diatom crap. So what would you put in this thing? 2.5g, light will probably be about 13W per gallon if Mike gets the light he's thinking of getting. I like zoos, they're lots of pretty colors, Mike is thinking softies...
  13. kathywithbirds

The MACNA 25g goes freshwater

OK, fast forward a little... Mike has the aquapod set up in the spare bedroom, that was actually the first tank to get going... I'll have to get pics of that too... but he got mollies. The mollies are apparently quite happy in there. They had babies. LOTS of babies. Mike got all the ones he...
  14. kathywithbirds

The Maryland 2.5 pico

Victor sent me sumpin!!! he he he. Pictures to come, I gotta go to work soon. Mike set up a 2.5g pico with fine sand and a nice lookin' rock. The lighting is still.... undetermined. He got a lamp from ebay and the thing sputtered after a month. He's thinkin of getting a screw in 26w pc...
  15. kathywithbirds

Sas's cesspool

Typical Sas thread. All talk, no pics.
  16. kathywithbirds

Clownfish, Love hate relationship

Sounds like a marriage to me.
  17. kathywithbirds

Sas's cesspool

Really? I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Males just seem to have a need to inflate the image of their own penises. If only in their own minds. .... cause that's the only place they're inflated.
  18. kathywithbirds

waffle waffel waffel

Come on, grow some green, don't be a chicken!
  19. kathywithbirds

Sas's cesspool

You're kidding, right? For Sas, this is warp speed. ... still doing the remote DSB I see.
  20. kathywithbirds

Powder Blue Tang vs. Melanurus Wrasse

Got a fish trap? Might take you a while for the fishies to get used to it but it worked for those hard-to-catch fish. My yellow tang LOVED that trap, he wouldn't get out of it.