Search results

1. jkef2010

Josh's 40g breeder

Well lost one of my slugs to the overflow and the other to the circulation pump once I get this ugly ass GHA under control I'm going to post pictures
  2. jkef2010

Two reactors in RSM c130

Do your reactors have there own pump?
  3. jkef2010

First reactor! Ever!

Thanks guys I belive I ordered the same gfo.
  4. jkef2010

First reactor! Ever!

Adding a gfo reactor to my tank to combat my ongoing GHA problem. This is my first reactor is there anything I should worry about using gfo like reactions from the coral or anything will it harm anything I guess is what I'm asking.
  5. jkef2010

Plumbing questions

I'm looking into the BRS ones.
  6. jkef2010

Plumbing questions

So lately I been thinking about adding a gfo, carbon reactor to my tank the only problem I have it I don't have the room in my sump for another pump. Now is there a way that it could be fed water thought the plumbing? If so how?
  7. jkef2010

OT: Word Relation Game

Disintegration.
  8. jkef2010

Josh's 40g breeder

So pictures everyone likes pictures lol. Please don't mind the GHA im fighting against it. But I did add two lettuce nudibranchs and there awesome first time I've ever had them. There is a new emerald crab as well. I did order a macro algae but it was DOA. Enjoy the pictures. I really like how...
  9. jkef2010

lady's and gentlemen please let me introduce myself

Welcome to RS. You've made the first great move joining here. Feel free to start a tank thread and and share your new journey with us. I do caution you you will become a reef addict before you know it. Again welcome to RS. Please don't hesitate to ask for any, advice, or help. That's why we are...
  10. jkef2010

How to prep dead rock with bleach, vingar or boiling.

How much do you suggest I use I'm going to be putting the rock In a 20g tub to soak.
  11. jkef2010

The tank is already cycled, that's what I'm concerned about is adding this "dead" rock without cleaning it?
  12. jkef2010

I have a lot of dead rock that's been subjected to the elements since augest. I would like to get it in my established tank. I know I can use acid but honestly don't want to take that path. Also don't have want to wait for the old curing meathod. So I know I can use bleach, vingar, or boil it...
  13. jkef2010

Would love to start a brand new reef tank and need help

To be honest with you the size all depends on what you want In it. The larger the tank the more stability you will have. The bigger you go the more you can keep as well as the more equipment you will need. But, as I said it all boils down to what you want in it.
  14. jkef2010

OT: Word Relation Game

Coke.
  15. jkef2010

Muriatic Acid Bath - Live Rock "Rebirth"

I know this thread has aged a little but can some one message me the steps to a bleach bath for LR Please.
  16. jkef2010

Josh's 40g breeder

No this tank has been up since August. It's getting better now was having a real bad issue with GHANA and hydroids but I'm getting it under control now. I've still held off putting any life in it other then my CUC. When my hermit crab spawned it threw everything out of wack. But it's going good...
  17. jkef2010

Creating a home for nemo

Sinve your tank being so new I would slow down a bit and let nature run its course in the tank first. This is something we all have to do. Think about it you are attempting to replicate a entire ecosystem in a contained box, this requires patients. Lots I must add. With the water,sand,and...
  18. jkef2010

A worm you don't want in your aquarium.

I honestly would like to have a tank devoted to one of those.
  19. jkef2010

New old hobbiest after 21 years out of it I'm ready to jump back in with both feet

Re: New old hobbiest after 21 years out of it I'm ready to jump back in with both fee Welcome to RS. This is a great place to learn everything you need to know as well as share your journey with all of us. If you have any questions please don't heseitate to ask again welcome :welcomera