Search results

1. evallarta1

My DIY Sump, Stand Integrity Question

I have pretty much the same set up as yours but without a center brace. We took a 2x4 and wedged it in were your center brace is. Then took out the doors and took out the far right brace. Slid the sump in and put everything back together. Zero problems! It was like that for about 45 minutes.
  2. evallarta1

Film in RO/DI container

Lynn, when you use the 'trash can' method, was it empty at times? Im thinkin maybe this is the problem
  3. evallarta1

hooking up RO/DI?

I also have a 75g tank with a 60gpd ro/di set up. The only thing I can say is sometimes if you do run out of water it can take a while to get more made. So get the biggest you can afford. Granted Im running 1 75g and 2 55g tanks.
  4. evallarta1

Few pics of my betta

Maybe he caught 'em on a good day...
  5. evallarta1

Film in RO/DI container

rbursek, I agree with the temp thing. I used to not have a heater and would just toss it into the sump and had no problems. but now I have 3 tanks and it just made sense to have them all the same temp including the holding container. I think I might take your advise and clean it out and see...
  6. evallarta1

Film in RO/DI container

Yeah I have a heater and a PH in there to help keep the temp constant since the city water is so cold. And with my set up I have an auto top off so the container is always full. Also I just remember, and I dont know if thise would contribute to it. But my ro/di was acting funny, so I would fill...
  7. evallarta1

Film in RO/DI container

Has anyone ever noticed if they get a film/slime on the inside of there RO/DI holding tank? I have a 30 gal rubbermaid garbage can w/lid that I hold my water in. I was moving my heater in it around and I felt the side of the container, and it had a film/slime on it. Should I empty the...
  8. evallarta1

Kent Marine Maxxima Deluxe Question

You can use other filters then Kent Marine, and they are cheaper too.
  9. evallarta1

If your looking at it like it is in your pictures from left to right it goes Sediment filter, then Carbon, then DI
  10. evallarta1

Yup, I dont have the deluxe one though.
  11. evallarta1

#1 is your tap in #2 is your waste water #3 I have no idea (mine doesnt have one) #4 is your good water out
  12. evallarta1

RO DI Water storage.

Ive got about the same set up. I put one of these inside my container that shuts off the water when it gets to the top so I dont have to worry about it overflowing if I forget to shut it off. Kent Marine Float Valve Only, Black ABS I also added a ball valve on the outside bottom to act as...
  13. evallarta1

Using a qt/ht for coral quarantine

Here is a link on how to properly clean your tank when your done medicating or using copper. http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/fish-diseases-treatments/31684-tank-cleanup-procedures.html Unfortantly I dont have any info for you on coral quarantine.
  14. evallarta1

You guys are going to be proud of me...

Yeah its going in the sump as soon as it arrives. When I made my sump I made a little nook to put it in so its out of the way and easy to get to when I need it.
  15. evallarta1

how to place live rock succesfully

Pull out your LR and while the sand is settling figure out which rocks your going to use for your base rock. Arrange it how you want and then put it in the tank. Your going to kick up more sand so let it settle somemore. Once you can see again start arranging the other rocks how you want on...
  16. evallarta1

You guys are going to be proud of me...

So when I replaced my my sump with my acrylic built one I had a empty 20 gal tank sitting there. So I just placed my order last night for parts to build my 20 gallon Quarintine Tank/Hospital Tank. I should have all my parts by end of the week. It a nice feeling to have knowing that if someone...
  17. evallarta1

Acrylic Help

Those are great links! Thanks for the info.
  18. evallarta1

Acrylic Help

Yeah it took me a while to find it. The easiest way is to go to yellowpages.com, type in plastics. Check the plastics & plastic products. Then just go down the list and call and ask. Your not going to find it at a regular hardware store. The other option is to get it online. As to your...
  19. evallarta1

Acrylic Help

Weld On 3 or 4. And use a high toothed hole saw. Melevsreef.com | Acrylic Sumps & Refugiums Has tons of good info and walk throughs.