Search results

1. capital1983

HELP! Will my Squamosa Clam be ok??

Thanks DaveK. Hopefully it will recover. I’ve been keeping a close eye on it and the crab hasn’t been back since that one night. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. capital1983

Thanks PSU4ME. Yea the crab was on the underside of where the clams mantle was folded in. It’s been a little over a week now and it hasn’t recovered in the folded in pet, but the remaining portion is doing ok. It is pulsating and eating when I feed and still reacts to current and light...
  3. capital1983

Hey guys, I have ordered a medium Squamosa from LA about 2 weeks ago and everything was fine up until a couple nights ago. I came down in the early morning to start work and shined a flashlight in my tank to see if everything was acting peacefully. I noticed that the clam was open on top...
  4. capital1983

HELP! Height of LEDs

Thank you for your additional advice uncle99! I heard from a bunch of hobbiest around me that 8”-14” is widely used for LEDs. I think that things will shape up in due time and I have fragged some corals and placed them at different depths to see what they like best. I absolutely love the...
  5. capital1983

HELP! Height of LEDs

Hi all, So I just got 2 Vioar Spectra 165w LEDs for my 75g reef w/ 29g sump. Previous to this I was running a 716w metal Halides unit with T5s. I used the legs that came with the unit instead of hanging it so the unit was probably about 5 inches off the water column. My hammer corals...
  6. capital1983

HELP! Lunar Lights Recco Needed

That’s what I heard. I may just go without them. But I do like what they offer as far as spectating and possible benefits for coral spawning. I have 2 ViparSpectra 165s. They have internal timers with only 2 channels (Blue and white). I can’t set the intensity for lunar without changing the...
  7. capital1983

HELP! Lunar Lights Recco Needed

Hi all, I just finished converting my tank from MH & T5 combo lights to LEDs and the difference is amazing! However, the LEDs do not have lunar lights like my other unit had. I am in need of the best lunar lights to attach to my canopy. I do not have an Neptune system, so I am just looking...
  8. capital1983

New maroon clown issue

Hi all, so I used to have a bonded pair of gold banded maroons in my old tank. I have set up my new one and added a gold banded about a 2 weeks ago. I wanted it to have a friend so I went out today and bought a regular maroon that was smaller in size in hopes that they would click. It seems...
  9. capital1983

New bubble coral

Thanks frisbee, I actually came home from work early today and fed frozen cyclops and reef plankton and it opened up in the middle so I guess it was happy with that
  10. capital1983

New bubble coral

[/URL][/IMG]Hey folks, So my tank is coming along beautifully.. Only thing is the small bubble coral I bought hasn't really opened and extended at all since I bought it about a week or so ago. It's sitting on the bottom right of the tank in the corner so not much flow in the area but...
  11. capital1983

Missing Picasso clown

I'll wait until Monday and if it doesn't show I will go pick up a new larger Picasso Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. capital1983

Missing Picasso clown

Yea, it's just irking me.. I also have a flasher wrasse that hasn't come out since I broke down the tank this morning to get rid of my clarkii clowns.. Hoping he will come out tomorrow as well Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. capital1983

Missing Picasso clown

Haven't updated my livestock list yet.. The eel was donated to the local aquarium about a month ago Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. capital1983

Missing Picasso clown

Also I had a bartletts anthias and a Randall's goby that jumped out and my cat never touched them.. He is very particular and only eats dry food Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. capital1983

Missing Picasso clown

I have a cat but he hasn't been near the tank since it has been missing.. Checked the sump and found nothing. Checked the overflow and nothing and nothing outside of the tank. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. capital1983

Missing Picasso clown

Hey all, So I just gave my clarkii clowns away for adoption and I purchased 2 Picasso clowns so I would not have to worry about aggression towards my other tank mates. Only to find out when I introduced them, my leopard wrasse has been bullying them.. I just want by the tank to see how...
  17. capital1983

Hammer coral frag issues

Thanks mike, I feed coral frenzy twice a week. Supplemented with kent micro vert Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  18. capital1983

Hammer coral frag issues

Haven't seen any of that...I will monitor it over the next few days.. I'm actually surprised the one shoot opened right up after I pulled it out of the sand. Thanks mike! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  19. capital1983

Hammer coral frag issues

Hey all, I just had to break my tank down in order to remove a few nuisance fish. In the process it looks like my hammer coral frag was knocked off the rock and ended up fully covered in sand for a long period of time. I took it out after noticing it was missing and 2 of the 3 shoots are...
  20. capital1983

Electric flame scallop

Thanks goma, I feed plankton phyto microvert and coral frenzy to all my corals and clams so he will be well fed Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk