Search results

1. oceanicmike

Purchased an In tank media rack for RSM 250

I recently purchased this media rack. Just wondering what you guys are putting in it. I was thinking phosban on top, chemipure middle but not sure about the bottom? maybe keep the stock ceramic rings? Any suggestions/input would be great. Thanks
  2. oceanicmike

Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off

I'm thinking of purchasing the tunze 3155 universal auto top off for my RSM 250. Is this the best option? Thoughts? Any threads on their install? http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/catalog/product/view/id/86/
  3. oceanicmike

Is this a sun polyp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. oceanicmike

How to catch a lantern basslet?

Anyone have any ideas to catch this guy? I recently purchased a yellow head jawfish and the basslet killed him. Tank is a RSM 250 with plenty of live rock. I thought this would be enough space but apparently not. Want to take the basslet back to my lfs but he isn't easy to catch. Am I just stuck...
  5. oceanicmike

Oceanicmike's RSM 250

Pics of the tank after Steve's LED install Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. oceanicmike

Red Sea Max For Sale in NJ

4 month old RSM 130D for sale, all stock components included as well as stand, perfect condition, no scratches on glass, Asking $550
  7. oceanicmike

Dwarf Angel in 130D?

Hey Guys I was wondering about adding a small dwarf angel fish to the tank. Maybe a flame or flame back. I know they have been known to pick at corals but I have read if they are well fed they should be ok. I guess it depends on the fish. I know the tank is a little small but plan to upgrade...
  8. oceanicmike

Baby Mantis

I just noticed a small creature lurking under one of my live rocks. I'm 99% sure it is a small or baby mantis. Roughly about an inch long. Quick little son of a B. All my fish, shrimp and cuc are alive and well but I have a feeling its only a matter of time before they start to disappear. I want...
  9. oceanicmike

Glass Cleaning RSM 130D

Hey Guys, I clean my glass on my 130D with a mag float magnet and I can get to all 3 sides. The only issue is the back glass. I have a hand scraper but have never tried cleaning the back. Its not too dirty with algae and I'm getting some coraline forming in some spots. My question is should I...
  10. oceanicmike

How many shrimp in RSM 130D

I have 3 shrimp in my RSM right now: Cleaner Blood Red Peppermint How many can I have in my tank or is 3 enough?
  11. oceanicmike

Looking for Red Sea Max

Anyone selling their Red Sea max 250 or larger in central NJ or close by? I have a 130D and looking to go bigger.
  12. oceanicmike

How do I clean my 130D?

What is the best way to clean my red sea 130d filtration system? Tank has been running for about 2 months now. Other then cleaning the skimmer regularly and a water change I haven't cleaned the filter media, carbon or filter sponge yet. I'm assuming I turn everything off of course first. Should...
  13. oceanicmike

How much do I feed my fish??

I'm curious how much food I should be feeding my tank mates: Tomini Tang 2 Clowns royal gamma basslet pseudochromis dottyback Neon goby diamond watchman goby Cleaner Shrimp Blood Red shrimp Pepperment shrimp My LFS guy said 1 cube of brine shrimp or mysis a day. I usually do half...
  14. oceanicmike

Red Sea Max Newbie

Hey guys I'm new to the salt water hobby. I purchased a red sea max 130d about a month ago and love it! The tank has been great so far: Cleaning crew 2 clown fish Royal gramma basslet Springeri dottyback Orange diamond goby Just purchased a mushroom coral and it seems to be doing well...